The UAE has been a home away from home for people from various nationalities who have contributed to the growth and development of the country. The Gold Visa system was introduced to provide long-term residency in the UAE to selected individuals who have invested in and played an important role in the UAE’s economic progress. To propel this growth forward, the government has now introduced the UAE Golden Visa for entrepreneurs across the globe to facilitate more thought leadership and investment in the country.
WHAT IS THE UAE BUSINESS GOLDEN VISA?
The UAE Business Visa is just another category of long-term UAE residency visas issued under the Gold Card Visa UAE system. The golden visa program offers long-term UAE residency to the holder (entrepreneurs, investors and special talents) for up to 5 or 10 years instead of the two-year standard visa.
This Business Gold Visa, in particular, provides permanent residency to the non-national entrepreneurs who wish to set up business operations in the country while living in and even outside the UAE. This permanent residency is contingent on the applicant’s continued adherence to the terms and conditions on every visa renewal cycle (5 years).
HOW DOES THE GOLDEN INVESTOR VISA HELP?
Besides increasing the ease of setting up your business in the UAE, some of the other UAE golden visa benefits include:
- Long-term residency visa for their dependents (parents, children and spouses), subject to certain conditions
- An initial 6-month multiple-entry visa to expedite business establishment procedures
- The facility to nominate up to 3 senior business personnel for residency
UAE GOLDEN BUSINESS VISA ELIGIBILITY
Entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world can apply for the UAE Business Golden Visa scheme, as long as they have set up their own business at least once in their professional career. To get a UAE Gold Business Visa, the eligible entrepreneur must:
- Authenticate their entrepreneurial experience
- Hold/have held the majority shares in a startup and/or a senior leadership position in it
- Be willing to legally set up a business and relocate to UAE
- Have a business plan or ideas for their entrepreneurial venture in the UAE
SPECIFIC CRITERIA FOR 10-YEAR GOLDEN RESIDENCY VISA IN THE UAE
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) also recently announced the approval of 10-year golden residency for:
- Holders of doctorate degrees
- Engineers in the fields of computer engineering, electronics, programming, electricity and biotechnology
- Students with a recurring GPA of 3.8 from an accredited university
Besides the above-mentioned Golden Visa UAE requirements, the candidate must also fulfil the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship’s requirements that include a health assessment as well as a thorough background check.
It is important to point out at this stage that you may be able to qualify for the golden residence permit UAE, but that is not a guarantee of receiving one. Specialised committees have been assigned the task to thoroughly evaluate your application, profile and attached documents.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOLDEN VISA IN THE UAE
If you’re wondering, how to get UAE golden visa:
- Visit the Business Visa portal: https://business.goldenvisa.ae
- Create an account. Verify it and log in
- Choose the emirate you wish to set up your business in (Dubai or Abu Dhabi)
- Complete your application, which requires the following information:
- Personal profile (name, nationality, gender, origin, date of birth and more)
- Passport details (passport-type, number and expiry, etc.)
- Contact details (phone number, permanent address and country of residence, etc.)
- Professional and entrepreneurial experience
- Upload a 2-minute video profile and documents substantiating your entrepreneurial journey
- Fill in the interview form
- Define the nominees you wish to sponsor (if any)
- Submit the application
Once the application is submitted, it can take up to 30 days to review your application for the golden residence permit programme. If successful, a link will be emailed to you where you need to upload the documents required for the completion of your visa application. This could take another 30 days of scrutiny, but once it’s approved, you will get an email outlining the details on how to receive the UAE Business Visa.
In case your nomination is not approved within 30 days, you can always apply again after a 90-day period has lapsed.
HOW TO FOLLOW UP ON THE GOLD BUSINESS VISA APPLICATION
To track your UAE Business Visa nomination, use the following points of contact.
- Applications for Dubai Residency: email@example.com
- Applications for Abu Dhabi Residency: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your initial application is approved and the visa is in process, you should get in touch with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +971-2-495-5555
The Golden Business Visa aims to attract independent entrepreneurs and business visionaries to strengthen and boost the local economy. The move will improve the UAE’s standing as a global incubator for innovation and talent. Besides the business visa for entrepreneurs in the UAE, one can also apply for the investor visa in Dubai to pursue their dreams as burgeoning investors in a growing economy.
Regardless of what visa you hold, it is important that you don’t stay in the UAE beyond its validity. If you already live in the UAE and wish to apply for the business visa, do check visa status online for the existing one before filing the application. If for any reason you wish to opt for UAE visa cancellation, make sure you’re aware of the process, fee and everything else related to it.
For more related posts and updates stay tuned to MyBayut and make sure to subscribe to our newsletter!