- About Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (DAFZA)
- Benefits of DAFZA
- How to Set-up your Business in DAFZA
- List of Companies in DAFZA Dubai
Established in 1996, Dubai Airport Freezone Authority or DAFZA is a trading hub with direct access to the Dubai Airport — one of the world’s busiest airports. There are many businesses in DAFZA which not only benefit from the access to the airport and the connectivity to international markets but the amazing business-friendly tax environment in the area as well. It provides companies with ownership rights, the full return of profits and many other facilities. This free zone is also located close to many popular residential communities. If you work in DAFZA, here are some of the top residential communities near the DAFZA metro station.
Here is a detailed overview of the benefits and business set-up procedure in the free zone and other features of DAFZA.
About Dubai Airport Freezone Authority (DAFZA)
DAFZA is a well-planned free trade zone in Dubai that benefits companies in many ways. Businesses choose DAFZA because of its customer-centric environment and the innovative entrepreneurial facilities that help them attain their goals. Currently, it is home to over 1,600 registered companies with more than 15,000 professionals associated with it.
If you are interested in knowing more about how to set-up your business in DAFZA, here is the contact number to get in touch with the advisors at DAFZA.
- Contact: +971-600-532-392
Benefits of Setting up Your Business in DAFZA
DAFZA provides all businesses with a range of advantages and development opportunities. Here are a few major benefits for businesses operating in DAFZA.
- DAFZA has a large network of partners who guide businesses and startups about how they can make the most of the opportunities offered.
- It offers quick and efficient services to set-up businesses for potential investors and other corporate entities.
- The free zone is also home to a business centre with many rooms designed to provide space for interviews, on-board meetings, press conferences, product launches and other events.
- DAFZA’s Learning Bridge is a dedicated learning environment with access to a range of educational facilities including internet and computer workstations. The venue consists of several lecture rooms, training spaces, multi-purpose rooms and more.
- There is also a retail space at DAFZA to offer a variety of retail services.
- DAFZA also has different government service centres positioned within its premises. These services include Dubai Police, Dubai Customs, Dubai Health Authority, Directorate of General Residency and Foreign Affairs and Dubai Chamber.
How to Set-up your Business in DAFZA
It is not at all difficult to set-up your business in DAFZA as the process is fast and convenient. Businesses have to take the following steps to become a part of DAFZA Business Community and expand their business in Dubai.
Choose your License
Businesses can choose from a list of 6 different license types that DAFZA offers to suit their business.
- Trade License: Acquiring this license will allow businesses to undertake all sorts of trade-related activities including import, export, storage and distribution of selective products.
- Service License: Businesses with this license can provide the specified service to customers.
- Industrial License: Companies that need to carry out light manufacturing activities require an industrial license.
- E-commerce License: The e-commerce license caters to the online businesses that offer online trade of goods and services.
- General Trading License: This license is also for trading activities in general.
- Dual License with DED: Businesses that want to apply for the Dubai Department of Economic Development License (DED) without a physical office space can choose this license. It will enable businesses to perform their business activities outside DAFZA.
Choose Company Type
There are two type of categories for business set-ups in DAFZA:
Freezone Company (FZCO/FZ-LLC): This type caters to the new businesses that are starting their company. Such set-ups require a minimum of USD 273 capital share. Moreover, companies with more than AED 15,000 share capital will need to show bank share capital letter.
Branch Office: Branch Office is the company type applicable for businesses with an already established portfolio that want to open a branch in DAFZA to enhance their business productivity.
Choose Your Space
DAFZA gives companies the choice to select from three different types of spaces to fulfil their business requirements. They provide warehouses and industrial spaces, office spaces and cold storage. Companies can choose to register for a short or a long term set-up according to their business needs.
This is all! By completing these three steps, you can become an active member of DAFZA. Once the facility is confirmed with the DAFZA salesperson, the company will issue the lease agreement to be signed by the Authorized Manager. After that, you will have to pay according to the agreed payment plan, show the receipt and sign the lease agreement to get the office keys.
List of Companies in DAFZA Dubai
DAFZA has a wide range of companies with different backgrounds. There are pharmaceutical companies, cosmetic raw material exporters, engineering firms, software companies, food packaging set-ups, business solution providers, industrial companies and much more. Here are some of the main DAFZA companies that operate with a licence from the Dubai Airport Freezone Authority.
- ACE Hardware Middle East
- Airbus Middle East
- Boeing International Corporation
- DHL (EEMEA Headquarters)
- Toyota Tsusho
- STEELCO INTERNATIONAL
- Mindtree Ltd.
- MSA Middle East FZE
- Dertan Ltd FZE
- Mashriq Telecom
- Knights & Walker Middle East
- CANATEK Engineering
- Integrating Packaging Systems FZCO
- NETZSCH Pumps
- Kabrita Hyproca Nutrition B.V
- ProSoft Technology
- Ammann Group
- Shapoorji Pallonji International FZE
- Ishida Middle East
Dubai is one of the most welcoming cities in the world with a wealth of business opportunities. A major factor that attracts businesses to Dubai is the easy process of setting businesses in Dubai free zones. Along with this, businesses that are situated in the free zones in Dubai enjoy a range of advantages including access to global business networks and flexible corporate laws. Businesses in JLT, for instance, enjoy full ownership along with a 100% tax exemption. Similarly, enterprises in Dubai Internet City also benefit from such concessions.
The presence of a growing business environment also creates job opportunities in the region. However, to find the right opportunity, one needs to have insight into how to get a job in Dubai.