Want to learn how to cook in the capital city? There are many culinary schools in Abu Dhabi that can teach you the techniques of a wide range of skills, right from basic baking to gourmet French cooking. You can learn various tips and tricks from the top-notch chefs in Abu Dhabi to kickstart your cooking journey.
Besides cooking, you can also learn about the fundamentals of baking in Abu Dhabi. If you have always wanted to master the culinary arts, we have compiled a list of both cooking and baking schools in Abu Dhabi for you.
List of the best Culinary Schools in Abu Dhabi
The cooking classes in Abu Dhabi help you understand the key techniques employed for making dishes from various cuisines from the world. From local Emirati dishes to gourmet Continental delicacies, you will learn the art of mastering culinary skills in no time, by enrolling in these courses.
Jones the Grocer
Jones the Grocer is an urban, chic bistro that also operates a culinary school in Abu Dhabi where you can learn various behind-the-scenes tricks that the expert chefs use to make delicious dishes.
Classes are tailored to meet the needs of both amateur chefs and seasoned cooks. So whether you are a wiz in the pantry or have never donned an apron, the cooking classes in Abu Dhabi at Jones the Grocer will be right up your alley.
- The cooking classes at Jones the Grocer offers a hands-on learning experience to the students. From nifty tricks such as prepping for appetisers and main course at the same time, to more detailed culinary techniques, there’s much to learn at this urban cooking studio in Abu Dhabi.
- Jones offers equal opportunities to both kids and adults to learn more about cooking and baking so regardless of your age, you can enrol yourself for the cooking lesson at Jones.
- Location: Pearl Plaza Tower – Ground Floor – Khalidiyah St – Abu Dhabi
- Timings: 09:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Contact: +971-2-639-5883
Al Muneera Branch
- Location: Ground Floor, Etihad Airways Centre, Al Muneera
- Timings: Sun-Thurs: 07:30 am – 10:30 pm, Fri-Sat and Public holidays: 09:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Contact: +971-2-558-9808
Al Mamoura Branch
- Location: Al Mamoura Building B Ground Floor 06/07 Corner 4th Muroor & 15th Street – Abu Dhabi
- Timings: 08:00 am – 11:00 pm, Fri-Sat: 09:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Contact: +971-2-443-8762
Al Raha Branch
- Location: Al Raha, Garden Plaza, Al Raha – Abu Dhabi
- Timings: 07:30 am – 10:30 pm, Fri-Sat: 08:30 am – 10:30 pm
- Contact: +971-2-557-4882
Regardless of where you stand in terms of your cooking ability, you can learn a lot at Lana’s Partiperfect. It has a lot to offer for budding chefs who want to get professional training and hone their skills.
- Chef Lana Naseer’s cooking school offers personalised cooking lessons to individuals as well as to a group of up to 3-4 people.
- You can learn techniques and recipes from multiple cuisines such as Arabic, British and Japanese.
- Kids, too, can be a part of the culinary league and learn the basics of cooking here.
Partiperfect also offers basic classes to amateur chefs that help them perfect their knife skills and master the art of sauce making. The learning process at Lana’s Partiperfect is pretty simple. Once you enter the kitchen, chefs give you a menu planned for the day and guide you on how to make a fresh and delicious meal.
Partiperfect also offers cake baking courses in Abu Dhabi that teach you everything from basics such as the best way to blend ingredients to complex decorations and more.
Currently, there is one baking course that you can sign-up for. It offers you an opportunity to pick your own cake. Options include blueberry, sponge, coffee pecan and lemon cake. The price of this course ranges between AED 400 and AED 450.
- Location: ICAD 1, near Delma Mall, Abu Dhabi
- Timings: 08:00 am – 07:00 pm, Fri-Sat: 09:00 am – 07:00 pm
Baking classes in Abu Dhabi
Other than Partiperfect, there is another place as well that offers baking classes in Abu Dhabi. You can immerse yourself in the art of fermenting, shaping, proofing and decorating a variety of bread here. From learning to make croissants to preparing a pizza, you can learn plenty of baking secrets at these classes in Abu Dhabi.
If you’re fond of baking, the baking classes in Tavola, Abu Dhabi is perfect for you. Offering plenty of workshops that involve baking and the processes related to it, it prepares you to leave your own impression in the culinary world.
- You can learn to bake fatayer, manakeesh, creme brulee, banana muffins, quiche, baguette bread, macarons, basic chocolate and vanilla cake, eclairs and profiteroles here.
- Regardless of the type of course you take, the cost of each course is AED 315 at Tavola.
Other than these classes, you can also sign-up and learn how to make Korean buttercream, peony ganache cake, silkomart mousse cake and cupcakes, There are other workshops and cookie decorating courses as well. Tavola also has a store in Yas Mall, so if you’re living near Yas Island, you can head out there.
- Location: The Mall, Shop BR01-R01, World Trade Centre Al Danah, Abu Dhabi
- Timings: Sat, Sun and Wed:10:00 am -10:00 pm, Mon-Tue: 10:00 am – 12:00 am, Thurs-Fri: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Contact: +971-2-448-7772
Online baking classes in Abu Dhabi
Besides getting hands-on experience with onsite baking classes, you can also sign-up for online cooking courses in Abu Dhabi.
Besides Tavola, you can also learn baking at Global Edulink, an online learning and training provider. It offers basic and advanced diplomas in baking and cake designing in Abu Dhabi. You can learn all about icing and decorating a fondant cake.
- For advanced courses, you should be at least 19 years old and have a basic knowledge of Maths, English and ICT to sign-up for these diplomas. Also, you should have a recognised qualification of level two or above in these subjects.
- For basic courses, learners aged 16 or above are accepted as well.
During these courses, you will be assessed through written assignments, so in order to get a certificate, you need to submit all your assignments.
And that’s a wrap of our list of cooking schools in Abu Dhabi. If you are a foodie wanting to try some of the best delicacies the capital has to offer, pop over to the restaurants in Al Reem Island and enjoy the cool ambience and delicious food. There are also some amazing breakfast places in Abu Dhabi where you can start your day with a delicious spread.
Looking for more culinary schools in the UAE? These top cooking schools in Dubai are also worth checking out!