Similar to services like Tadbeer and Tasheel, the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation (MoHRE) introduced Tawjeeh centers all across the UAE to help business owners and entrepreneurs. Today MyBayut takes a look at what these Tawjeeh centers are all about and the kind of services they offer. This comprehensive guide will cover the definition of Tawjeeh and all the services offered by these centers. We also tell you about the Tawjeeh center locations and timings.
As per recent reports, Tawjeeh is also offering classes addressing worker’s rights.
What is Tawjeeh?
Tawjeeh meaning: The word Tawjeeh in Arabic translates to ‘guidance’ in English.
A Tawjeeh Center is like a one-stop-shop for business owners and employees looking for guidance about the UAE Labour law. The Tawjeeh Centers are accredited centers licensed by MoHRE to offer a variety of services which includes creating awareness of the Labour Law in the UAE through training, as well as issuing labour and employment contracts, among other services.
Who can use Tawjeeh services?
- Business Owners / Employers
- Labourers and representatives
Why was Tawjeeh introduced?
The main aim of Tawjeeh centers is to promote a smooth flow of business in the labour market. It not only protects the rights of labourers and employees, but it also preserves employers’ interests. With Tawjeeh everyone working in the UAE is promised a safe and stable work/business environment.
Tawjeeh Center Services
Here is everything you need to know about the services offered at a Tawjeeh Center in the UAE.
What services are offered under Tawjeeh?
A Tawjeeh center covers the following types of services.
- Guidance/assisting for employers and workers in regards to the provisions of the UAE Labour Law.
- Training for employers and employees to raise awareness about the UAE Labour Law
- Distribution of flyers, leaflets and other publications to raise awareness among employers and employees.
- Issuing and renewing work contracts, permits, certificates for workers
Here is a detailed break down of the Tawjeeh Center services:
Tawjeeh Services List 2019
|Typing a new job offer letter||
|Renew Electronic Work Permit (Typing of Labor contract)||
|New Electronic Work Permit (MB)||
|New Electronic work permit & Mission Electronic Work Permit application||
|Electronic Work Permit/Pre-Approval for Work Permit Fines||
AED 53 + fine amount
|Attending a Tawjeeh Lecture||
|New Smart E-signature card||
|Replace old E-signature card with a new one||
|Activation of smart E-sign card for Owner/PRO||
|Printing of smart e-signature card||
|Smart E-signature PRO card||
|Update Establishment Information||
|Submit Renew Labor card application||
Low skilled Worker
A – AED 1453, B – AED 2453, C – 2953, D – AED 3453
A – AED 753, B – AED 1253, C – 1753, D – AED 2253
Note: All of the Tawjeeh fees are paid through the E-Dirham card. Chargers for issuing a new e-dirham card are AED 6 and top-up charges are AED 4.
There are free, mandatory Tawjeeh trainings for labour cards introduced since September 2019 to help workers to understand the rules and regulations associated with labour laws in the UAE.
Without attending these training those employed in Skill Level 3 to % professions will not be given their labour cards. They also hold sessions to help you manage finances efficiently. Along with the training, workers are also given free Sim cards and can enrol in a free savings programme.
These training sessions by Tawjeeh are catered to workers who fall under Skill level or category 3, 4 and 5. As per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation – MoHRE, skill levels are based on academic qualifications, experience, and complexity of work. As a general rule, skill level one jobs are usually for highly skilled workers like doctors and engineers. Those who are required to attend the following training are generally between skill levels 3 to 5, which is defined below:
- Skill level 3 – Skilled workers, like receptionists, office clerks etc
- Skill level 4 – Manual work including carpet laying, air conditioning maintenance and so on.
- Skill level 5 – Labourers, domestic workers, cleaners etc.
The Tawjeeh centres have dedicated lecture facilities with smart systems in place to support the learning process. There are QR codes assigned to each attendee to monitor attendance and progress.
Here are some of the topics covered in the mandatory Tawjeeh training sessions:
- Labour contract
- Rights and duties of an employee
- Health and safety standards
- The UAE’s culture and laws
- Financial management tips
- Process for raising complaints in the event of non-payment of dues and misbehaviour
Workers are also made aware of a Tawjeeh saving scheme that they can enrol in to take control of their finances in a better way. The programme which is titled, Thara’a (Arabic word for prosperity) programme, is a part of the UAE National Happiness Programme.
Labourers enrolled in the programme can decide on having a regular, fixed sum of money taken from their payment to go into the savings scheme launched by the Ministry in an agreement with National Bonds Corporation.
Tawjeeh Center locations and contact
If you are searching for “Tawjeeh near me” on Google, here are the locations that will show up across Dubai.
List of Tawjeeh Center locations in Dubai
According to the official MoHRE website, here is the list of approved Tawjeeh Centers in Dubai.
- Tawjeeh Office Al Quoz – +971-4-320-0233
- Tawjeeh Center Al Barsha – +971-4-508-9999
- Tawjeeh Jebel Ali – +971-4-885-1226
- Tawjeeh Center DIP – +971-4-888-0777
- Tawjeeh Center Oud Metha – +971-4-357-6666
- Tawjeeh Center Al Mankhool – +971-4-235-7700
- Tawjeeh Center Ras Al Khor – +971-4-288-0223
- Tawjeeh Center Al Nahda (Brain Workers & Employers Guidance) – +971-4-222-2190
- Tawjeeh Al Muraqqabat (Tawjeeh Branch in Deira) – +971-4-227-7011
- Tawjeeh Center Al Qusais Dubai – +971-4-607-3666
- Tawjeeh Center Al Quoz: +971-4-320-0233
Tawjeeh centers can also be found across the other emirates too. You can visit MoHRE’s official website to learn more about Tawjeeh Abu Dhabi centres and offices in other emirates. Here are the contacts for some popular Tawjeeh offices in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
- Tawjeeh Sharjah: +971-6-512-5999
- Tawjeeh Abu Dhabi: +971-56-404-0604
The working hours for all Tawjeeh Centers are Saturday to Thursday from 08:00 am – 08:00 pm.
For any more information or clarification on the information mentioned here, you can contact the MoHRE on their toll-free number 800-60 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
For entrepreneurs looking to start a business in Dubai, here is a helpful guide with the steps to setting up a business in Dubai. As for those on the search for a new home in Dubai, make sure to browse through Bayut’s latest listings for rental apartments and villas in Dubai.
We routinely cover all the latest updates on different government initiatives like these on the Rules and Regulations section of our blog. So keep an eye out if you’d like to stay updated. If you’d prefer the updates come straight to your email, subscribe to MyBayut’s newsletter.
*Disclaimer: Cover image of this article is courtesy of Tawjeeh Dubai’s Facebook page.