Al Qasba Sharjah is a waterfront community that is separated from Al Majaz District by Al Khan Corniche Street. Al Qasba in Sharjah is a cultural landmark that features art centres, outdoor attractions and a number of other attractions. This picturesque community is at the forefront of the cultural movement in Sharjah and aims to fuel creative minds with a number of activities, events and leisure options. The Al Qasba Canal Sharjah is one of the most popular attractions for families living in the emirate. Also, this waterfront community hosts various remarkable events in Sharjah which contribute to its popularity. Take a look at the interesting list of things to do in Al Qasba Sharjah, so you have a great time while visiting this waterfront attraction.
A Guide to Al Qasba
The reason that this community is prominent among culture vultures and artists is that it features several creative venues such as the Al Qasba theatre and art centres. Find out more about what to expect when visiting the Al Qasba community.
Al Qasba Plaza
Connected by a bridge across the Al Qasba Canal Sharjah, this plaza is a mixed purpose development where shops and apartments are available for rent and lease.
- Al Qasba Plaza has gardens, fountains, shaded nooks, charming canals and outdoor event places. Visiting this famed plaza is one of the best things to do in Al Qasba Sharjah.
- This plaza offers a variety of retail and dining options as well as waterside entertainment which enhances the attractiveness of this destination.
- There are commercial booths and branded kiosks and wagons beside the canal that serve drinks and crisps.
- Another prominent attraction here is the Al Qasba Mosque, one of the few religious centres in Sharjah to offer Friday sermons in English.
Maraya Art Centre
One of the most famed attractions in Al Qasba, for those with an artistic bent, is the Maraya Art Centre that is located in the middle of the community.
- It has three levels with state-of-the-art facilities to support people and their artistic passions.
- Maraya Art Centre in Al Qasba is a non-profit creative space where Middle Eastern and international artists showcase their work.
- This art centre boasts a video archive, multi-media facilities and an art library.
- The public programs and events are organised by in-house teams.
- Maraya Art Centre also features a park with sculptures and interactive projects outside its main building.
- The Al Qasba Sharjah events in this art centre attract visitors from across UAE.
Al Qasba Restaurants
Another exquisite feature that sets apart Al Qasba Sharjah from neighbouring communities is the plethora of dining options. The restaurants in Al Qasba offer diverse cuisines, from traditional Middle Eastern to Italian delights. A range of cafes and ice cream parlours are also attractive to the residents of nearby communities.
- The list of cafes includes Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, Dunkin Donuts and London Dairy.
- Italian blend of coffee is available at Attibassi whereas Rossovivo is a prominent Italian cuisine for pizza lovers.
- There are a few ice cream parlours such as Baskin Robbins and Maras Turka that features Turkish ice cream.
- Other options for sweet desserts include Slurp Dessert Parlour and Gerard Pastries.
- Traditional dining options include Beit Setti with Damascene flavours and Shababeek that specialises in local flavours.
- Other well-known Al Qasba restaurants include Nandos, Sumo Sushi and Bento, Shababeek etc.
- Also, there is Fish Corner that features fresh fish from the canals in UAE.
Timings for the Al Qasba restaurants can vary significantly during Ramadan, so it’s best to check before planning a visit.
Al Qasba Theatre
Masrah Al Qasba is an acoustic auditorium that hosts cultural concerts and film screenings.
- Stories featured in the theatre are beautiful adaptations of fairy-tales and a display of dance and music.
- The piece currently in theatre is World of Stories which teaches children history, music and ancient stories.
- When it comes to the most popular Al Qasba Sharjah events, the productions by this theatre are often among the most popular.
Furat Qaddouri Music Center
Another must-visit attraction in Al Qasba is Farat Qaddouri Music Centre. It not only teaches music to people of all ages but also hosts concerts to display their musical talent.
- For kids, there is a section for ballet dance classes where they also learn and display their talent.
- Another section in Farat Qaddouri Music Centre is dedicated to creative skills for drawing, painting, crafting and ceramics.
- Those with a passion for singing and acting can also hone their skills under the guidance of skilled teachers.
- Al Qasba Music Centre is a gateway for the arts. This learning centre operates every day from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm and is closed on Fridays.
Other Al Qasba Sharjah Attractions
The main feature of the Al Qasba community is its attractions. Al Qasba Plaza is home to a number of attractions for the entire family, making it one of the most beautiful waterfront communities in Sharjah. But if you are looking for more interesting attractions in Al Qasba, there’s no shortage of interesting activities.
The Al Qasba Musical Fountain dazzles your senses. This magical attraction is held only on Thursdays and Fridays. A number of people from nearby residential towers view it from their balconies, whereas others especially come to watch the show. Almost as popular with Sharjah residents as the Dubai Fountain is with Dubai residents, this is one of the unmissable attractions in Al Qasba.
There are eight shows every Thursday and Friday where the first show starts at 05:00 pm and the last show is at 12:30 am.
Kid’s Fun Zone
This stimulating venue is a platform for children of all ages to interact and socialise. Kids can run, climb, exercise, slide and swing in a safe environment.
Sharjah Boat’s Tour
The traditional ride on the boat offers a panoramic view of the entire community.
- You can take an Al Qasba boat tour every day from 04:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- On weekends and public holidays, the tour is available till 01:00 am.
- A personal tour on the boat costs AED 100, whereas per person charges for adults are AED 15 and AED 10 for children up to 10 years old.
- Children below the age of 4-years can accompany adults for a free ride.
Kid’s Fun House
Apart from an outdoor play area for kids at Al Qasba, Kids Fun House is another attraction for soft play and fun.
It is a small, aquatic-themed playground where children can climb frames, complete obstacle courses, play in ball pits and also discover a world of slides.
This unique indoor playing area ensures an unforgettable experience for kids.
- On Thursdays and Fridays, it operates between 01:00 pm and 01:00 am.
- On weekdays, it operates from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- The entry fee for Kid’s Fun House in Al Qasba is AED 30 for 1 hour and AED 50 for 2 hours.
- Guardians have to accompany children under 3 years and pay an entry fee of AED 10.
Another amusing attraction in Al Qasba is Water Kart that provides an innovative and eco-friendly water kart ride. This electric kart has a silent, speedy and risk-free engine that is easy to pilot.
- It operates daily from 04:00 pm to 01:00 am in summers whereas starting time is 10:00 pm for winters.
BYKY Go Kart
While adults are keeping busy with Water Karts, there is BYKY for children.
- It is a rental Go Kart that offers children a safe trip on a four-wheeler.
- This fun activity is one of the amazing Al Qasba Sharjah attractions and also a great way for kids to explore the community.
- Kids can ride BYKY from Saturday to Wednesday from 04:00 pm to 11:30 pm. On weekends, it’s from 04:00 pm to 12:00 am.
Other Notable Features
There is a stop in Al Qasba for the City Sightseeing Sharjah service. It operates at two times daily from 09:00 am to 7:00 pm daily and on weekends between 08:00 pm and 10:00 pm.
Al Qasba was once home to the Eye of the Emirates, a large Ferris wheel, from which you can see the many beautiful sights of Sharjah. It was announced in May 2018 that the iconic attraction would be moved to Al Montazah Park in Sharjah.
Al Qasba Business Centre
Apart from all the things to do in Al Qasba Sharjah, the area also offers many opportunities for businessmen and entrepreneurs. One of the most compelling options for entrepreneurs and businesspersons to set up a company in Sharjah is the Al Qasba Business Centre. This one-of-a-kind destination in the city is an ideal fit for entrepreneurs because it offers office space for all sizes and budgets. Those struggling to acquire a local license registration for their business will be at ease here as Al Qasba Business Centre is at your service for such purposes.
Al Qasba Location
If you are looking for directions to Al Qasba, it is located on Al Khan Corniche St., opposite Al Khan Lagoon. It is a 20-minute drive from Sharjah Airport and a drive of 10 minutes from City Centre Sharjah. If you are looking for Al Qasba directions from Dubai, you can either take the E11 or get on to Al Taawun Street.
That rounds up our guide on the things to do in Al Qasba Sharjah and its major attractions. If you are inspired by this community and want to explore it more, check out the apartments for rent in Al Qasba. You can also explore the best residential areas for families in Sharjah.