The meteoric rise of Dubai’s skyscrapers and swanky new districts has not diminished the charm of Bur Dubai, one of the oldest residential neighbourhoods in the city and a sought-after area for apartment rentals in the city. Flats for rent in Bur Dubai offer a vibrant living experience in one of the most historical communities in Dubai.
While the Bur Dubai neighbourhood is known for its low rise buildings and traditional souks, it is also home to popular leisure destinations, such as the Dubai Frame and Zabeel Park, one of the largest parks in Dubai. As one of the prime areas in the metropolis, Bur Dubai has various sub-communities that offer commercial and residential properties.
Today we shall look at the most popular apartments for rent in Bur Dubai.
Overview of Apartments for Rent in Bur Dubai
Residents of the neighbourhood enjoy an array of facilities ranging from supermarkets and schools to retail destinations such as the BurJuman Mall and WAFI Mall. For healthcare needs, Dubai Healthcare City is located in the neighbourhood and features a number of hospitals.
When it comes to finding apartments for rent, Bur Dubai is the second most popular area in Dubai as per the Dubai Market Property Report Q1 2020. Rental trends in Bur Dubai also show only a marginal increase in average prices for a 2 bedroom flat for rent in Bur Dubai. And when it comes to studios and 1-bedroom flats, one can easily find cheap flats for rent in Bur Dubai.
So, if you are looking for a home that fits your budget, look no further. There is an interesting variety of apartments in Bur Dubai, from cosy studio flats to elegant and spacious 3 and 4-bedroom apartments. What you have to pay for apartments for rent in Bur Dubai will vary based on the sub-community, the type of property and the accessibility to metro stations.
According to rental trends in Bur Dubai, you can find an affordable studio flat for rent in Bur Dubai starting from AED 25k per year. The price of a 1-bedroom apartment for rent in Bur Dubai starts from around AED 38k. You can also find large 4-bedroom flats for up to AED 270k per year.
Another reason for the variation in the prices of apartments for rent in Bur Dubai is the date of construction. The prices are generally lower for older developments whereas they are higher for modern buildings. Older buildings in this area are popular among businessmen who can find shops for rent in Bur Dubai at an affordable yearly price.
Without further ado, here are the top areas for renting apartments in Bur Dubai.
TOP 5 AREAS WITH APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BUR DUBAI
- Al Jaddaf
- Al Mankhool
- Oud Metha
- Al Raffa
- Al Hamriya
Based on searches conducted by users on Bayut.com over the past 12 months
According to Bayut’s analysis of rental trends in Bur Dubai, Al Jaddaf tops the list of popular areas. Al Mankhool, Al Raffa, Oud Metha and Al Hamriya are the other sought-after communities in the district.
Al Jaddaf is one of the newest communities in Bur Dubai. It is a waterfront location offering stunning views of the Creek. Jaddaf is also located quite close to Dubai Festival City. Home to the splendid Palazzo Versace, a 5-star hotel and the Jameel Arts Centre, the area is still being developed. Other nearby landmarks include the Culture Village and the upcoming Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Library. Al Jaddaf is ideal for those seeking brand new apartments for rent in Bur Dubai.
- The average rental price for a studio apartment in Al Jaddaf is AED 39k per year.
- 1-bed apartment in Al Jaddaf is available for AED 54k per annum.
- Those looking for more spacious options can opt for a 2-bedroom flat for an average price of 71k per year.
- One can rent 3-bedroom flats in Al Jaddaf for AED 98k per year.
Second, on our list of popular communities for finding apartments for rent in Bur Dubai with an abundance of accommodation options and facilities is Al Mankhool. Apart from having the best hotels in Bur Dubai, Mankhool is also home to a number of dining, leisure and shopping destinations. Notable among these is the BurJuman Shopping Centre.
Residents living in Mankhool also have the convenience of access to public transport, as there are three metro stations in the area.
Those interested in renting apartments in Al Mankhool will be happy to know that there are a variety of residential units to choose from.
- The average rental price for a studio apartment in Al Mankhool is AED 41k per year.
- If you seek a 1 BHK for rent in Bur Dubai, this area is the perfect option with an average price of AED 57k per annum.
- You can expect to spend an average of AED 78k per annum for a 2-bedroom unit in Al Mankhool.
- For 3-bedroom apartments for rent in Mankhool, expect to pay AED 108k per year.
Another peaceful community that offers spacious apartments for rent in Bur Dubai is Oud Metha. Apart from rental property, this area is popular among the expat population because of a number of recreational facilities, such as Al Nasr Leisureland. Oud Metha is also a sought after community for those looking at rooms for rent in Bur Dubai.
When it comes to the rental apartments in Oud Metha, the average prices are as follows:
- You can rent studio apartments in Oud Metha for AED 39k per year
- 1-bedroom apartments in Oud Metha have an average yearly rental price of AED 55k.
- A more spacious 2-bedroom apartment in Oud Metha is available for the average rental price of AED 76k per year.
- One can also rent 3-bedroom flats for rent in Oud Metha for AED 110k per year.
The fourth most popular community to rent apartments in Bur Dubai is Al Raffa. This community is also well-connected with metro and bus stops, making life convenient for residents. It is also home to a number of retail destinations in the community including the Al Khaleej Shopping Centre. Other facilities in Al Raffa include schools, clinics and gymnasiums.
- You can opt for a studio apartment in Al Raffa for an average rental price of AED 38k per year.
- The average price of a 1-bed flat for rent in Al Raffa is AED 52k per year.
- The annual rent for 2-bedroom flats in Al Raffa is AED 70k per year.
- For 3-bedroom apartments in Al Raffa, the average rental price is AED 96k per year.
Finally, we have Al Hamriya, another popular area that offers affordable apartments for rent in Bur Dubai.
- The average price for studios in Al Hamriya is AED 31k per year.
- For more spacious options, there are 1-bed flats for rent at a price of AED 45k per year.
- For a 2-bedroom flat in Al Hamriya, you can expect to pay an average rental price of 79k per year.
- 3-bedroom flats in Al Hamriya can be rented for AED 102k per year.
Apart from the top 5 popular areas for renting apartments in Bur Dubai, you can also take a look at other communities in the neighbourhood. These include Al Fahidi and Al Souk Al Kabeer.
This wraps our guide on the best areas to rent in Bur Dubai. If you are planning to move into this area, make an informed decision by evaluating the pros and cons of living in Bur Dubai.
If you are looking for similar areas with a multicultural ambience and affordable real estate, you can also consider the pros and cons of living in Al Karama.