Have an illuminating experience at Sharjah Light Festival 2024
Let there be light! Prepare to dress up your Gram. The Sharjah Light Festival (SLF) is almost upon us! The festival will be returning for the 13th edition, with a spectacular lineup of shows and fun activities promised for all. Keep reading to discover what the Sharjah Light Festival 2024 has in store for visitors this year.
ABOUT SHARJAH LIGHT FESTIVAL
— WAM English (@WAMNEWS_ENG) January 23, 2024
With an extraordinary display of lights, colours and music, the Sharjah Light Festival is back. Numerous internationally recognised artists from around the world will arrive at the cultural hub of the UAE to honour science, creativity and tradition. The exciting festival will continue from 7th to 18th February this year.
Initiated in 2010, the Sharjah Light Festival (SLF) is an annual arts festival that features a series of light shows across the emirate. It is organised annually by the Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority, under the patronage of His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah.
The lights festival in Sharjah aims to showcase the emirate’s inspiring history, rich heritage and architectural achievements.
SHARJAH LIGHT FESTIVAL 2024 LOCATIONS
Sharjah Light Festival 2024 will feature 15 light shows:
- Sheikh Rashid bin Ahmed Al Qasimi Mosque in Dibba Al Hisn
- University City Hall
- Al Noor Mosque
- Light Village
- Al Majaz Waterfront
- Sharjah Mosque
- General Souq – Al Hamriyah
- Beeah Group Headquarters
- Kalba Clock Tower
- Kalba Waterfront
- Al Hamriyah Municipality building
- Al Rafisah Dam in Khorfakkan
- General Directorate of Sharjah Police
- Khalid Lagoon Corniche
- Al Dhaid Fort
ABOUT LIGHT VILLAGE
The Light Village of the Sharjah Light Festival sits across from University City Hall and features a new light museum, playing spaces and food vendors.
Over 50 food vendors have set up stalls at Light Village for the festival’s 2024 edition. Ranging from fast food to fusion cuisine, here are some of the many that you can visit when the hungries hit:
- Abo Al Fatat: Street food
- Caya: Fusion
- Cheesy: Street food
- Club Mochi by Cocolily: Cafe and dessert
- FLI: Cafe and dessert
- G.O.A.T: Burgers
- Medar: Seafood
- Sushiro: Oriental
- Traditional Food Corner: Emirati cuisine
Light installations and experiences
From a play area to an immersive gallery, there is much to explore at the Light Village this year. The best part? You can enjoy it all until the mid of February! Here are the highlights.
HYPERSONIC MULTIMEDIA TUNNEL
Surround yourself with a kaleidoscope of flashing lights as they change colour at this attraction. Take a selfie, or several, in front of the flashy quotes for the Gram.
This never-seen-before experience is sure to stay with you even after the festival is over. It comes in two parts:
- Cosmic Bubbles (Immersive Ball Pit): A stunning ball pit experience, but for adults. The multisensorial attraction uses sound and imagery for the best video and photo ops.
- Mirrors in the Sky (Immersive Mirror Spheres): This thought-provoking attraction has to be seen to be believed. Find yourself “reflected endlessly” in front of giant mirrored balls.
- Bubble Texture (Inflatable Sphere): This is a large art installation of giant inflatable transparent balls. Watch them come alive as the light hits!
- Play Zone: The festival’s younger visitors will love the arcade and skill-based games at the Play Zone. A highlight is the colourful carousel.
Apart from the mentioned exhibits, visitors can expect light works by Alya Al Sanad, which will only be available on the 16th and 17th of February. Here are the timings for the mentioned attractions, located adjacent to University City Hall:
- Sunday to Wednesday: 05:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Thursday to Saturday: 05:00 pm to 01:00 am
- Duration: Until February 18th, 2024
SHARJAH LIGHT FESTIVAL SHOWS
The Sharjah Light Festival returns to tell the stories of the emirate’s rich heritage through light and music. A number of eco-friendly steps will be taken to ensure environmental compliance.
Go on a contemplative journey through the emirate’s cultural spirit. Its a showcase of a symphony of light that effectively represents the aspirations of the city and its people.
- Location: Sharjah Police Headquarters
The Jewel of Rafisah Dam
Experience the Golden Age of Sharjah in a show of light. The Jewel of Rafisah is a fusion of science, history of Khorfakkan, flora and fauna of the nation. “Poetic” 3-D video mapping shows how the UAE reached prosperity. Watch as 12 virtual swans appear from the surrounding mountains to land on the waters of the dam.
- Location: Al Rafisah Dam
Explore the rich heritage of Islamic art with a technological twist at Al Noor Mosque during the Sharjah Light Festival 2024. It’s an extravaganza of visual storytelling where the mosque transforms into a living canvas.
- Location: Al Noor Mosque
Kalba Waterfront is a myriad of colours during the light show in Sharjah — drawing inspirations from the four natural elements, values and human components. Watch as the human race and nature coexist amid a beautiful depiction of light and sound.
- Location: Kalba Waterfront
Can’t get enough? Here are the locations for the rest of the light shows at the festival:
- A Sublime Canvas: Sharjah Mosque
- Reflecting on the Circle of Life: BEEAH HQ
- Echoes of Al Dhaid: Al Dhaid Fort
- The Past Meets the Future: Al Hamriyah New General Souk
- Waves of Reflection: Al Majaz Waterfront
- Radiant Illuminations: Khalid Lagoon
- A Treasure Trove of History: Dibba Al Hisn city
The light shows will run daily. If you want to catch these amazing light shows in Sharjah, the schedule is as follows:
- Dates: Until 18th February 2024
- Sharjah Light Festival 2024 timings: Sunday to Wednesday, 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm | Thursday to Saturday, 06:00 pm to 12:00 am
Is there an entry fee to the Sharjah Light Festival?
No, all light shows are free to attend and open to all age groups. Budget conscious visitors will be happy to know that there are also several other free things to do in Sharjah like mosque and park visits.
What’s the best way to see all the light shows?
During the festival’s 2023 run, City Sightseeing Sharjah set up an exclusive bus route for all visitors for the best viewing experience. You can call +971-6-556-0777 today to inquire about availability.
Can’t get enough? Head to Dubai for the Dhai Dubai Light Art Festival 2024.
That is all about the Sharjah Light Festival 2024. Inspired by local culture and traditional stories, this year’s show is expected to attract thousands of visitors to the emirate. So mark your calendar and keep your phones charged as the city lights up!
Sharjah is known as the cultural capital of the UAE. There are many attractions to explore in the city. Here is the ultimate list of places to visit in Sharjah which guarantees a fun day with friends and family.
*Cover Image Credits: SLF’s official website