One of the best things about Dubai is that there is always something new to see or do in the city! Today, Bayut reviews a mysterious museum where nothing is at it seems! The Museum of Illusions Dubai at Al Seef is one of the city’s latest indoor and family-friendly attractions. The attraction is part of a global chain of museums – the first edition opened in Croatia in 2015. And with over 80 mind-boggling exhibits in store, the latest edition in Dubai at Al Seef is the biggest one so far! But this is no ordinary museum. With spinning tunnels, infinity rooms and mysterious illusions, this Museum of Illusions will trick your eyes and deceive your senses. And if you want to Instagram your experience, go ahead! Visitors are encouraged to take as many photos as they like and share them on social media.
Read on for our review of this extraordinary museum, one of the best things to do at Al Seef, where you can experience the impossible and magical.
EXHIBITS AT THE MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS DUBAI
Here’s a sneak peek into the incredible illusions that you can expect at this cool, interactive museum in Dubai. Every exhibit has a small plaque card beside it, explaining how the illusions works, so you’ll be learning without even realising it!
The Vortex Tunnel
This illusion challenges you to keep your balance on a stable surface – while walking in a rotating cylinder. Sounds simple, right? Dare to enter the Vortex tunnel and you’ll find how hard it is to take even a single step!
The two people in the picture above are of vastly different heights, right? Or are they? The Ames Room provides an awesome experience, where a person appears to shrink or grow depending on where they stand in the room, making it one of the best insta-worthy spots in the Museum of Illusions Dubai. Tip: walk from one end of the room to the other and watch yourself grow or shrink on the screen above in the room!
The Upside-Down Room
Ever imagined what it would be like to hang off the ceiling? Well, here’s your chance to defy the laws of gravity in this room where nothing is as it seems.
The Chair Illusion
Have fun with the laws of perception by trying this mind-blowing chair illusion. Grab a friend, strike a pose and you’ll be amazed by the results.
The exhibits above are just a part of the awesome experiences available at the Museum of Illusions. Keep an eye out for the Infinity Room, Clone Table and the Anti Gravity Room. Aside from these, there are plenty of intriguing optical illusions, holograms and picture illusions that will confuse and delight you at the same time. The best part? The exhibits are all interactive, which makes for a unique museum experience that is totally one of the most fun things to do in Dubai. Interested in more awesome experiences in the city? Take a look at all the coolest places to visit in winter in Dubai!
Museum of Illusions Dubai Tickets
The Museum of Illusions Dubai ticket prices are:
- Adult Ticket: AED 80 per person
- Child Ticket: AED 60 per person (child must be between 5 to 15 years)
- Family Ticket: includes access for two adults and two children (between 5 to 15 years). AED 225 per ticket
If you can’t wait to visit the amazing Museum of Illusions Dubai at Al Seef and want to skip the queues, book your tickets online at the museum’s website. Also, we recommend booking your tickets online if you have small children along with you.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND TIMINGS FOR MUSEUM OF ILLUSIONS DUBAI
- The Museum of Illusions Dubai is located at the stunning Al Seef by Meraas. Look out for Shop NO. P3-17-1 to get to this incredible museum in Dubai
- The Museum of Illusions timings are 10 am – 10 pm from Sunday to Wednesday and 10 am to midnight from Thursday to Saturday
- Valet parking is available from AED 50 per hour, but there is also plenty of free parking as well
- There’s a retail section at the entrance of the museum as well, where you can pick up an optical illusion or educational games that will be a challenge for adults too!
- The museum is a complete indoor experience, making it one of the best family-friendly activities in Dubai
- The Al Seef development has a plethora of restaurants and entertainment around to keep you busy after your visit to the Museum of Illusions, so it’s the perfect weekend outing with the family
There’s so much to love about the Museum of Illusions! Aside from being completely indoors, this intriguing attraction takes the concept of a boring museum and flips it on its head. The museum’s interactive nature means all ages will be entertained, and it makes for a unique visual and sensory experience! And its location in the buzzing Al Seef development promises fun vibes even after your museum visit.
Have you been to the Museum of Illusions yet? Let us know about your experience in the comments below. And if you’re planning to make a visit to this new attraction in Dubai, check out our review of Al Seef Dubai to make it the perfect weekend activity. Lastly, stay tuned to MyBayut for more reviews on Dubai’s top attractions!
Note: All images are courtesy the Museum of Illusions Dubai website