The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 is undoubtedly one of the biggest annual events in the UAE’s sporting calendar. While there are still a few months to go for the exciting motorsport event to kick start, the Abu Grand Prix 2020 dates have been announced already. The event will take place at the Yas Marina Circuit, one of the best places for motorsports in Abu Dhabi, between Friday 29 November and Sunday 1 December 2020. With four days of racing action and a lineup of A-list celebrities performing at the after-race concerts, the F1 Abu Dhabi 2020 is definitely a highlight for Formula One (F1) fans.
Even though the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is still a while away and a lot of details are still undisclosed, we want to give you a head start on one the biggest annual festivals in Abu Dhabi. So, here’s what we know about this year’s F1 weekend in Abu Dhabi 2020. Read on to know more about dates and tickets prices and schedules for the F1 Abu Dhabi 2020 races and more.
FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020 DATES
Wondering what exactly are the F1 Abu Dhabi 2020 dates? This year, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will be taking place from Friday, 29 November to Sunday, 1 December 2020, with the actual race taking place on the last day.
However, for the first time, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix dates will be extended to Monday, 2 December for UAE National Day! Visitors can expect fun-filled activities for the whole family on Abu Dhabi Hill, one of Yas Marina Circuit’s iconic spots.
F1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020 DATES FOR RACES
With the start of Formula One season delayed this year, all the racing action will begin with the Austrian Grand Prix. The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has traditionally been the closing event for F1 Championships, however this year it will be one of the Grand Prix events leading to the finale. The F1 racers will compete on the 5.5km long Yas Circuit, where drivers have to complete 55 laps. The sleek, ultramodern track was designed by Hermann Tilke, specifically for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
For the F1 enthusiasts, here is the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 races schedule:
29 November 2020 (Friday)
- 01:00 pm: First practice (90 minutes)
- 05:00 pm: Second practice (90 minutes)
30 November 2020 (Saturday)
- 02:00 pm: Final practice (60 minutes)
- 05:00 pm: Qualifying
1 December 2020 (Sunday)
- 05:10 pm: Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Just like all other editions of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, spectators can expect to see some fierce competition amongst the racers this year. In 2019, six-time world champion, Lewis Hamilton won the championship with Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc taking the second and third spots, respectively.
F1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX TICKETS 2020
With high anticipation and excitement surrounding the event, the Formula One Abu Dhabi tickets are already on sale. You can choose from several categories of tickets including Event Hospitality, VIP, Lounge, Club, Grandstand and General Admission. You can purchase the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 tickets from their official website.
The tickets for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 range from AED 1,379 to AED 22,370, depending on the category and package you opt for.
- Grandstands: The Grandstands overlook various points of the racetrack. They are located in the middle of the action and have some of the best views! Take a look at the official website to choose the best grandstand for you. Prices for these Abu Dhabi Grand Prix tickets range from AED 1,379 – AED 2,425.
- Club: Those with Club F1 Abu Dhabi tickets can relax in an air-conditioned space as well as a dedicated Grandstand seat. Prices for these tickets range from AED 1,911 – AED 2,730.
- Lounge: Guests who opt for Lounge F1 Abu Dhabi 2020 tickets have access to a modern suite located in the Grandstands. Price for these tickets is AED 2,396.
- Suites: These tickets include an allocated suite in the Grandstand on an elevated position, as well as access to the entire floor, which has spectacular views and various food stalls. Prices for these tickets range from AED 2,956 – AED 4,300.
- Events Hospitality: These Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ticket packages provide a unique, ultra-luxurious experience that includes 360-degree views, chauffeur services, dedicated terraces along with premium food concepts and bars. Prices for these tickets range from AED 3,857 – AED 22,370.
As you can see, there are various Formula 1 Abu Dhabi tickets that visitors can choose from. These include one, two or three-day access to on-track action and off-track entertainment. Some of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 packages also include access to thrilling rides at Yas Island theme parks, such as Yas Waterworld, Warner Bros Abu Dhabi and Ferrari World. Visitors can also find tickets for brunch and club experiences to enjoy before the after-race concerts and make the most of all the things to do on Yas Island.
Some of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 ticket prices mentioned above are early bird prices, which are available for a limited time. Hurry and book your tickets before the prices for F1 Weekend Abu Dhabi 2020 go up!
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND ABOUT THE F1 ABU DHABI 2020 RACE TICKETS
- Access to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after-race concerts is exclusive to race ticket holders, you cannot buy tickets individually for the F1 concerts
- Three-day ticket holders will have access to all four concerts
- One-day and two-day holders can access after-race concerts corresponding to the day of validity of the ticket
- All ticket holders enjoy access to the Thursday concert
ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019 CONCERTS AND LINE-UP
While the races are the core of the entire event, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 after-race concerts are definitely the most anticipated events by residents in the UAE. The Yasalam 2020 concerts, like always will take place in the fabulous du Arena – and will feature an awesome line-up of international artists and performers.
Names of the artists performing at the Abu Dhabi F1 concerts 2020 haven’t been announced yet. We’ll update the post as soon as we have the artist line-up for the after-race concerts at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020, so make sure you check back here. Lana Del Rey, Travis Scott, and Marshmello are some of the celebrated artists who have set the stage on fire in previous editions of this iconic sporting event.
TOP FORMULA 1 2020 PARTIES IN ABU DHABI
Apart from the F1 concerts, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after-parties are some of the hottest events to look forward to during the Formula 1 weekend. Keep an eye out on hotspots such as Mad on Yas, Yas Hotel Abu Dhabi, Amber Lounge and others that host some of the best after-parties during the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020.
And that wraps up our guide on the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020. For those of you that aren’t avid followers of the motorsport, here are a few facts about Formula One World Championship:
- The Formula One is the highest class of single-seater racing for motor-cars, that race to win the FIA Formula One World Championship
- A single season of Formula One consists of a series of multiple races within it, known as Grand Prix
- Each F1 season has about 20-21 Grand Prix races that take place around the world throughout the course of the year
- Two World Champions (one for drivers, the other for constructors) are determined on the basis of points, that are awarded after each Grand Prix race
- The F1 Championship has been taking place since its inception in 1950 and has seen some of the biggest manufacturers such as Ferrari and Mercedes compete at the races
- This year will be the 12th edition of Abu Dhabi Grand Prix race
- Lewis Hamilton won the 2019 Formula One World Championship. It was his sixth win at the championship
That’s all we have for you now, but do keep an eye on this space for more exciting updates as the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix gets closer.
It’s going to be an exciting and action-packed weekend with so much in store for visitors, so book early to make sure you don’t miss out. Also, if you’re keen on living close to the action that takes place in Yas Marina Circuit, take a look at some of the rental apartments on Yas Island. And stay tuned to MyBayut for more updates on the hottest events in Abu Dhabi.