- What is Tough Mudder
- Tough Mudder Courses
- Tough Mudder Obstacles
- Age Limit
The exciting fitness and endurance challenge of Tough Mudder is returning to the UAE this year, with another adrenaline-filled event to be held in Ras Al Khaimah, the adventure capital of the UAE. The emirate offers a bunch of thrilling adventures attracting thousands of visitors from the UAE and abroad. The Tough Mudder RAK 2020 will be more challenging and interesting than the last one. If you’re keen to be a part of Tough Mudder 2020 in Ras Al Khaimah, read on for more details!
WHAT IS TOUGH MUDDER?
Branded as ‘probably the toughest event on the planet’, Tough Mudder is an obstacle course challenge unlike any other. Known for being tough and muddy, this obstacle course will test your strength, stamina and grit.
ALL ABOUT THE TOUGH MUDDER RAK 2020 COURSES
Tough Mudder 2020 in RAK has courses that are created by special designers and engineers. It will feature fun and challenging obstacles that you’ll have to conquer to get to the finish line. But, this isn’t a timed race. Instead, it’s all about teamwork and having a good time! Once you finish, there will be entertainment and delicious street food waiting at the end for you to celebrate.
There are four different types of Tough Mudder courses that you can choose from. These include 5K and 10K courses, a special timed race and an obstacle course for kids, too.
Tough Mudder isn’t just for the adults – kids are welcome, too. There is a special course designed for younger adrenaline seekers, known as Mini Mudder.
TOUGH MUDDER CLASSIC
The Tough Mudder Classic is a 10-kilometre course with 25 obstacles. Participants have to go through thick mud to reach the finish line. Exceptional teamwork and stamina are needed to help complete the challenge.
TOUGH MUDDER 5K
An entry-level 5 km route with 13 innovative obstacles, Tough Mudder 5K guarantees a whole load of fun and teamwork for participants. Tough Mudder 5K will not include any ice or electricity obstacles.
You’ll have to bring your A-game to this one. Tougher Mudder is a 10-kilometre timed race for those who want to take the competition up a notch. The Tougher Mudder 2020 winners in November will be announced towards the end of the series.
This is for the little adventurers! This Abu Dhabi and Dubai Mini Mudder 1.6-kilometre course is just the way for kids to have fun, learn about teamwork and get dirty.
WHAT OBSTACLES CAN YOU EXPECT AT JEEP TOUGH MUDDER 2020?
Get a glimpse of the action-packed obstacles you’ll be up against at the RAK Tough Mudder 2020! Remember, this is just the tip of the iceberg – there are plenty of more Tough Mudder obstacles to look forward to at the event.
KISS OF MUD
The first of the Tough Mudder Dubai obstacles to know about, is the Kiss of Mud. To crawl through 1,000 gallons of mud under barbed wire, you’ll need upper and lower body strength. Are you up for the challenge?
You’re going to need help from fellow Mudders for this one. You’ll slip and slide as you try to conquer this 13-feet tall quarter pipe while the curved top only makes it harder to grip!
Work with your teammates to climb this slippery incline or you’ll slide right down to the bottom at one of the most challenging Tough Mudder Dubai obstacles.
A brand-new addition to Tough Mudder 2020 in RAK, Black Widow will put your balance to the test. This obstacle consists of 30-feet long tightropes over water, and you have to get to the other side without losing your balance or you’re in for an icy shock!
Chase your fear of the dark away by crawling through 60 feet of tunnels in complete and utter darkness. This is one of the Tough Mudder Dubai obstacles that’s going to test your physical and mental strength.
And that’s a sneak peek at the highly anticipated Tough Mudder obstacles list – some of which are brand-new additions in 2020!
RAK TOUGH MUDDER 2020 DATES
According to a recent announcement on their official website, the new date for Tough Mudder 2020 in Ras Al Khaimah is Friday, November 10, 2020. Participants can take on the ‘Classic Tough Mudder 10km’ course and the ‘Tough Mudder 5km’ course route along with other courses and events.
WHERE IS TOUGH MUDDER 2020 IN RAS AL KHAIMAH HAPPENING
Tough Mudder Dubai 2020 will be taking place at a brand new location at the Mina Al Arab, the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
WHAT ARE THE PRICES FOR JEEP TOUGH MUDDER 2020?
Interested in signing up for Tough Mudder 2020? Take a look below at the Tough Mudder prices for this year. You can book your spots for Tough Mudder through the event’s official website.
JEEP TOUGH MUDDER 2020 RAS AL KHAIMAH TICKETS
A special early bird discount for mudders is available if you book until Wednesday, September 30, participants can get upto AED 90 (USD $25) off their tickets, using the promo code GIVEME25. The regular Jeep Tough Mudder 2020 entry fees are:
- Tough Mudder Classic: AED 400 ($109)
- Tough Mudder 5K: AED 326 ($89)
WHAT ARE THE TOUGH MUDDER 2020 RAK TIMINGS?
- The Tough Mudder 2020 opening hours are:
- Tough Mudder Classic timings are 08:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Tough Mudder 5K timings are 09:00 am to 12:00 pm
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT TOUGH MUDDER 2020
- The Jeep Tough Mudder 2020 will be following strict COVID-19 guidelines.
- According to the rules and regulations, facemasks for all participants will be mandatory.
- The two-metre social distancing rule will also be applicable and participants and visitors must avoid gathering in large crowds.
- You can enter Tough Mudder 2020 in RAK as a solo participant or as a team. You will be required to create a team online after registering for the event so that you and your team members will be running at the same time. There is no limit on the members you can have in your team.
- You will have to bring along your ticket or QR code on the day of the event, or a photo ID if you don’t have your QR code. You will get the QR code by checking in online before the event. The instructions for doing so will be available on the official website.
- All participants will receive a headband, t-shirt, refreshing drink and professionals photos on the day of the event! Your registration will also include access to the Mudder Village, where there will be street food and entertainment.
- You will be able to upgrade or downgrade your ticket to Tough Mudder 5K, Classic or Tougher Mudder at an extra charge of AED 20 and the difference in the registration price.
- Spectators are more than welcome to watch the event, free of charge! Tickets for spectators are available at the event or online, too.
- You will have to wear lightweight and comfortable footwear and compression clothing as you’ll be moving around a lot! Don’t forget to wear sun cream, and it’s recommended to take a spare set of clothes, too.
- Remember, you can always skip an obstacle that you don’t feel like doing it!
ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?
Those above the age of 14 can participate in Tough Mudder 5K and Classic, and Tougher Mudder. However, participants between the age of 14 and 18 must be accompanied by a participating adult over the age of 18.
Kids must be between ages 5 and 12 to participate in Mini Mudder 2020 in RAK and must be accompanied by an adult above the age of 18 with a chaperone ticket.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
If you need more information about the event, you can send an email to email@example.com.
And that concludes Bayut’s guide to Tough Mudder 2020 in RAK. If you’re participating in the Tough Mudder RAK 2020, you can book a room at various hotels with a private pool in Ras Al Khaimah for a luxurious staycation to add to the experience. For more adventures and thrills head to Jais Adventure Peak, a must-see for adrenaline junkies.
If you want to start training for Tough Mudder 2020, take a look at some of the affordable gyms in Dubai to get started. Similarly, gyms in Ajman are also a good option to prepare for the event from Ajman.
The hiking trails in UAE are also a good option for adventure buffs to explore the rugged terrain and the unique native flora and fauna.
And here are some of the other activities for adults to enjoy in Dubai over the weekend and with friends.