An urban beach location with stunning views of turquoise waters and an exciting range of fun-packed, leisure activities is something most people would love to visit. A’l Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche is a vibrant waterfront community in the capital that features 80,000 sq. m. of mixed-use developments. This pristine destination has about 48 dining, leisure and retail outlets. A’l Bahar or Al Bahar as it is commonly referred to, also hosts a range of wellness and leisure-themed activities and year-round events with something for all ages. Read on as MyBayut uncovers all the exciting things to do in Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche.
All you need to know about A’l Bahar Abu Dhabi
Attractions in Al Bahar Corniche
There isn’t a dull moment in Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche area as it features an active lifestyle. You can find a number of outdoor beach activities, fitness events and other things to do in Al Bahar Abu Dhabi.
Open Air Beach Fitness Sessions
Exercising in a closed environment can sometimes feel a little claustrophobic. This is why outdoor gyms are gradually becoming a trend all over the world. And Abu Dhabi is catching up to it too! Haddin’s Gym and Primal Gym from Abu Dhabi conducts personal training sessions in the open air so you can guarantee that you won’t just be getting the exercise your body needs, but also breathing in the fresh air. Both these gyms offer yoga and aerobics so you can take your pick, when it comes to fitness activities in Al Bahar.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (for prices, timing and bookings)
Shore Line Splash
Splash in the shallow water on Corniche Beach to feel refreshed and revitalised. There is a 600m stretch of sandy beach where you can recharge and relax while overlooking pristine Arabian Gulf. This is one of the most popular things to do in Al Bahar beach Abu Dhabi, and the best part is, it’s also free!
Aqua Fun Water Park
If you are looking to beat the heat this summer, Aqua Fun Water park in Al Bahar is one of the best water parks in the UAE. This family-friendly destination also features one of the largest inflatable water parks in the capital city where you can compete for an obstacle course through ramps, slides, jumps and bridges.
- Pricing: Unlimited day pass for children aged 6-11 years, AED 120. For visitors above 12 years, AED 150.
Public Outdoor Gym
There is no shortage of outdoor activities in Al Bahar Corniche Beach. An outdoor gym at the beachfront, a climbing wall and fitness stations are all free to use for those visiting A’l Bahar. It is an ideal spot for fitness freaks to try new things to test their physical strength.
- Pricing: Free-to-use equipment. No bookings required.
Want to have an invigorating endurance and stamina session with friends? Head over to the Abu Dhabi Al Bahar Corniche Beach and try your luck on the beachfront courts. Your speed, balance and strength will also be tested at the beach football pitch. There are also two volleyball nets to boost your agility and flexibility. For all beach sports, you need to book the court in advance and rent a ball.
- Contact: email@example.com
Kids can also burn off some energy at Children’s Playground at Al Bahar Corniche Beach. This children’s play area is fully shaded so you don’t need to worry about the heat or other extreme weather conditions. The play area offers a range of swings and other activities to keep children engaged.
Paddle Boarding and Kayaking
Trying your hand at water-sports is exciting thing to do in Al Bahar Corniche Beach. You can hire a kayak or paddleboard, and let the waves carry you. Experience the freedom of open water and get the most from your day at Al Bahar with water-sports.
- Pricing: AED 30 for water-sport rental or AED 50 for water-sport plus Sole Mio package
Those who don’t feel like trying out the water sports can also rent a sun lounger or an umbrella to lie back and relax on the beach. So choose your spot and unwind yourself with a soothing sound of waves and a sense of freedom under the shade of a private umbrella.
- Pricing: AED 30 for day (package includes umbrella, sun lounger and towel)
Children’s Games Zone
Apart from the play area, there are thrilling activities such as bungee jumping, trampolining and a zip line. There is also a jungle land, quad tracks and gyroscope to engage your children. The ticket price for the game zone in Al Bahar Abu Dhabi starts at AED 40 per kid. There are also arcade games, live entertainment and street performances every weekend.
- Pricing: AED 40 for 1 game, AED 60 for 2 games and AED 80 for 3 games
Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Events
Famous for community events and entertainment, Al Bahar hosts several events and festivals from music concerts to sports tournaments and even air shows. One of the most recent Al Bahar Corniche events was the acclaimed Mother of the Nation festival. The family-friendly festival took place in conjunction with Special Olympics World Games during March 12-23, 2019. Kids and young people participated in outdoor fitness and play activities such as swings, climbing frames and more. Beach sports are usually suspended during such events but you can grab a bite from over 20 cafes and restaurants in Al Bahar.
The venue is not just restricted to entertainment and recreation. Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Science Festival 2019 also took place in February and opened a world of possibilities for young innovators. Another prominent event was Red Bull Air Show that featured free entry between 08:00 am – 05:00 pm. Apart from the racing action, there was live DJ music, iconic Red Bull truck and beach volleyball competition.
Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche Restaurants
If you are in need of a delicious bite or a caffeine kick, there are a number of international restaurants in Al Bahar Abu Dhabi.
- You can refresh yourself with local favourites such as Filli and Cupagahwa for Arabian-style coffee and tea. Depresso and Tim Hortons are also international chains that you can frequent for your coffee fix at Al Bahar.
- There are also mouth-watering bites and fast-food joints that feature local flavours such as shawarma and falafel. As well as international urban dishes like burgers, sandwiches and pizzas.
- Most famous Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche restaurants include Barbacoa for Mexican food and Casa Latina for South American food.
- Apart from stuffed burgers, there is Japanese cuisine and several other light and healthy snack food options.
- Your seaside trip will be incomplete without sweet treats and desserts. If you are looking for some ice cream and Nutella pancakes, Al Bahar features a number of places for desserts. For instance, there is Haagen-Dazs, Crepe de Licious and Pascal Tepper for sweet treats and delights.
Shops at Al Bahar Abu Dhabi
While there aren’t too many retail outlets in this waterfront destination, there are a few well-stocked stores in Al Bahar to purchase sporting equipment, sports apparel and wellness products.
- Dr Nutrition is an outlet to feature wellness products and nutritional supplements so you can get the best from your exercise.
- Farah Experiences offers a wide range of leisure and sporting goods to avail of fitness opportunities at Al Bahar. If you forget to bring volleyballs or beach footballs, Farah Experiences will save your day at Al Bahar Beach Abu Dhabi.
- Pop-up markets are also set up during cooler weekends staring from November. From there you can purchase dresses, homeware, jewellery, rugs, swimwear, bedding and skincare products for good value.
- Many other retail shops and outlets are also scheduled to open soon at Al Bahar.
Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Property
Abu Dhabi Corniche Area doesn’t offer many freehold properties at the moment but there are some luxury apartments available for rent. The apartment types include studios, 1-bed, 2-bed, 3-bed and 4-bed flats.
- Studio apartments for rent in Corniche Area average around AED 50k – AED 60k per year. Some of the fully furnished studio apartments are also for sale in this area.
- For a 1-bed rental apartment in Corniche Area, the price starts from AED 55k and can be as high as AED 75k. The fully furnished apartments in this category are priced around AED 85k for yearly rent.
- There is a huge variety of apartments with 2-bed in Corniche Area where some start from AED 75k. The rental price goes up to AED 120k per year for more living space and luxurious amenities.
- The rental price for 3-bed apartments in Corniche Area starts from AED 95k per year. A more spacious apartment with a maid’s room and bathroom can cost up to AED 165k per year.
- If you are looking for rental offices in the Corniche Area, 160 sq. ft. area offices range between AED 15k and AED 20k. However, for large offices, Al Bahar Towers Abu Dhabi is at 15-minutes’ drive from Corniche Area with spacious office spaces.
- Besides these, serviced apartments for rent are also available in Corniche Area of Abu Dhabi.
- Those who want to enjoy the truly upscale lifestyle in this waterfront property can opt for luxurious apartments for rent in Corniche Area.
Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Location
Al Bahar is located exactly opposite Nation Towers in Corniche, Abu Dhabi. One can easily cross the pedestrian underpass to reach Al Bahar. There is also another pedestrian underpass that is opposite the Al Hilal Bank. If you are visiting Al Bahar in your own car, there is valet parking available from 02:00 pm on weekends and from 04:00 pm on weekdays.
Al Bahar Corniche Transportation
Though this area is well-connected to the main roads and there are dedicated parking spaces, there is no metro service at Al Bahar Corniche Area Abu Dhabi. If you are relying on public transportation, the best choice to get around is the public bus. For those who have cars, there are some places that charge for parking and some free parking spots. Make sure you check which type you are using as not paying for parking can lead to hefty fines.
Al Bahar Corniche Contact Information
You can get in touch with Al Bahar management at +971-56-568-6385 for any inquiry or bookings.
Is everything free at Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche Beach Area?
No, there are a number of paid activities. For beach sports, you need to rent a ball or book a court for a specified period of time. The valet parking, sun lounger, umbrella and children’s game zone are also priced activities.
What is the cost of valet parking per day?
The valet parking at Al Bahar Corniche is available from 04:00 pm during weekdays and from 02:00 pm on weekends. The valet parking per day costs AED 35.
What is the rental price of an umbrella and sun lounger?
You can rent an umbrella and sun lounger for AED 50 for the day.
What are the opening hours?
Al Bahar is open all the days including public holidays from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm during the weekdays and until 12:00 am during weekends. The beach opening time is daily at 07:00 am until sunset. The timings of Aqua Fun Waterpark at Al Bahar is from 09:00 am to 06:30 pm daily.
What facilities to expect at Al Bahar Abu Dhabi?
This family-friendly destination offers a range of facilities to make sure you enjoy your day out. The facilities include toilet and shower at the beach, air-conditioned dining spots and prayer rooms for men and women. You can also find solar powered stations to charge your phones. The area also comes with free WiFi.
Is the beach closed during the events?
The beach is not closed during the events. However, public sports like beach football, volleyball and basketball courts are closed during events. All the activities resume after the scheduled events are over.
That sums up our guide on Al Bahar Abu Dhabi Corniche. Apart from Al Bahar, there are other top family-friendly attractions in Abu Dhabi to enjoy your day out. If you find Al Bahar a fascinating community, there is no shortage of rental apartments in Corniche Area. While you are in Abu Dhabi, there are also best iftar tents in Abu Dhabi to feast Arabian cuisines and traditional décor.