Rashid School for Boys
- Rashid School for Boys location
- Years offered
- Rashid School for Boys curriculum
- KHDA rating
- How to apply?
- Fee structure
- Rashid School for Boys transportation
- PTA and contact information
Established in 1986, Rashid School for Boys (RSB) is a government school located in the Nad Al Sheba community of Dubai. The school was launched under the guidance of the late Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, former Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai.
Rashid School for Boys and its sister school Latifa School for Girls were previously under the administration of the Dubai Educational Establishment. Upon the cancellation of the Dubai Educational Establishment in 2006, the school fell under the jurisdiction of The Executive Council of the Government of Dubai.
The school follows the British National Curriculum and imparts education to children from Foundation Stage 1 (FS1) to Year 13. The school incorporates Arab culture, history, language and Islamic studies into the UK curriculum to help the students curate an understanding and appreciation of the heritage of the country while simultaneously receiving a high-quality education. The school is attended almost exclusively by UAE nationals.
Residential Communities near Rashid School for Boys
Rashid School for Boys is located in the Nad Al Sheba community. The school is surrounded by a number of residential communities such as:
The Nad Al Sheba community houses a number of scenic villas and houses engulfed in abundant greenery. Parents looking to invest in properties near the school can look into residential plots and villas for sale near the school:
- Villas for rent near Rashid School for Boys
- Villas for sale near Rashid School for Boys
- Apartments for sale near Rashid School for Boys
- Residential plots for sale near Rashid School for Boys
Campus of Rashid School for Boys
Rashid School for Boys is located in the Nad Al Sheba community of Dubai. Students have the luxury of enjoying the vast picturesque campus of the school.
Rashid School for Boys accommodates both primary and secondary sections. The school underwent major renovations during the inauguration of the Primary Section in 2003. The campus contains a dedicated Learning Resource Centre, an open-plan studio for the creative arts, fully-stacked library, kids’ playground, swimming pool, sports hall, gym, squash court and much more.
In addition to these amenities, lush green fields take up the majority of the school grounds. Various activities such as inter-school athletic competitions, National Day carnivals etc., are hosted by Rashid School for Boys on these grounds.
Location of Rashid School for Boys
Nestled in the serene community of Nad Al Sheba, Rashid School for Boys is easily accessible from a number of happening hubs in Dubai such as Business Bay, Downtown Dubai, Dubai Silicon Oasis and Dubai Hills.
Rashid School for Boys was established in the year 1986, making it one of the oldest educational establishments in the country. In its early years, expatriates made up almost 20% of the student population. The advancement of the admission process and the high competition for placements, however, necessitated that the school offer admissions exclusively to UAE nationals.
The school follows the UK National Curriculum with the ethos of the United Arab Emirates incorporated into the syllabus. Arabic language and Islamic studies classes are offered alongside other subjects. The school offers classes for both primary and secondary sections from FS1 till Year 13. The core values that the Rashid School for Boys strives to instil in students are:
- Always learning
- Ready for leadership
- Respect and kindness
By establishing high standards of discipline, honesty, courtesy and effort, RSB aims to educate and equip their students in order to prepare them to take on leadership roles both in the United Arab Emirates and internationally.
The school has many notable alumni in positions of authority throughout the country and has contributed to the fabric of the UAE.
RSB has inclusive programs in place to protect the rights and needs of People of Determination, both at Primary and Secondary levels. Through these programs, the school ensures that all students have access to quality education and equipment. The school seeks the assistance of the guidelines laid out by the Dubai Inclusive Education Framework for this purpose.
Rashid School’s top priority is to ensure the health and safety of students. The school has employed all safety guidelines as per the KHDA recommendations.
- Students’ temperature is checked upon arrival.
- A thermal scanner is installed at the entry point. Students must walk through this gate.
- No cars are allowed to enter the school until further notice.
- Students should be dropped off in parking areas only.
- Hand sanitisers are available in every classroom. Students are asked to use sanitisers frequently.
- All classrooms, toilets and common areas are cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Grade 7 to Grade 9 students are requested to stay inside their classroom.
- Grade 10 to Grade 12 students are only allowed to move in their zones.
- Desks are placed in classrooms in a way to maintain a 1.5-metre distance.
- For Art, DT PE and MT classes, students are allowed in selected areas only after sanitisation takes place.
- Students must bring their stationery as sharing of learning resources is not allowed.
- Students are requested to bring hand sanitisers and two extra masks in their bags.
- Students are allowed to go outside during break time; however, they must maintain a 2-metre distance.
- School’s maintenance manager checks the sanitation and cleaning processes regularly.
- Stickers are also placed on the floor to remind students about maintaining distance.
- Swimming is prohibited, but other physical activities are allowed as per the social distancing guidelines.
- Outdoor games are allowed only when the outside temperature is 38 degrees.
- Parents can send homemade lunch. Similarly, the school canteen provides snacks and lunch items in classrooms.
- Students must bring a water bottle from their home as water dispensers are closed temporarily.
- Parents cannot enter school. They should pick and drop students only from designated areas.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for parents while picking and dropping students.
Years Offered at Rashid School for Boys
Operating under guidelines of the UK National Curriculum, Rashid School for Boys offers education for students in both Primary and Secondary sections.
FS1 – FS2
Year 1 – Year 6
Year 7 – Year 12
Rashid School for Boys Curriculum
The curriculum offered at RSB is an amalgamation of the British National Curriculum infused with cross-cultural learning so as to instil cultural consciousness in their students.
At a Primary Level, students who enrol at the school from the ages of three and a half to four and a half years enter the UK Early Years Foundation Curriculum. Throughout the primary level (FS1 to Year 6), the key areas of learning are:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy
- Problem-solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development
The primary level curriculum is divided into core subjects, foundation subjects and Arabic curriculum subjects, taught by fully-qualified teachers.
The core subjects taught are:
- Language and Literacy
- Numeracy and Science
The foundation subjects taught are:
- Sound Technology
- Physical Education
The Arabic curriculum subjects taught are:
- Arabic Language and Literacy
- Islam and Islamic Values
- Cultural Identity as citizens of the UAE
ICT is integrated across the curriculum, with specialist ICT teachers for each grade.
At a Secondary Level, RSB combines Islamic and Arabic subjects made mandatory by the UAE Ministry of Education with the English & Welsh National Curriculum.
From Year 7 to Year 11, students prepare for the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) examinations, along with Islamic and Arabic examinations. After Year 11, Rashid School for Boys offers its’ students a number of options. These are:
- High School Diploma Course: Students can choose this plan of action for Year 12, wherein they are prepared for higher education by choosing core courses curated by the school. Topics covered in the High School Diploma Course are:
- Film Making
- Graphic Design
- A-Level/AS-Level: Students can also choose to take on one year of A-Level (Advanced Level) or two years of A and AS-Levels (Advanced Subsidiary Level) after Year 11. A-Levels and AS-Levels are subject-based qualifications associated with the General Certificate of Education (GCE). A-Levels are more advanced. AS-Level results count towards your final A-Level result.
DISTANCE LEARNING AT RASHID SCHOOL FOR BOYS
The school uses a blended learning approach. This means students will learn in the classroom and at the same time, opt for distance learning with the use of digital resources like video conferencing, recorded videos and lessons.
The Rashid School uses the Seesaw app and Zoom for DL. Parents can choose the blended learning model or settle for a 100% distance learning program for their child. They are requested to contact the school after making the final decision. Please note that this decision cannot be changed later. Parents also need to submit the health and travel declaration form and home school agreement before a student joins the school.
Academic Calendar for Rashid School for Boys
The academic year at RSB comprises of three terms for both primary and secondary sections.
The academic calendar for the school year is as follows:
- Term 1- Autumn Term
- Commences in September
- Concludes in December
- Term 2- Spring Term
- Commences in January
- Concludes in March
- Term 3- Summer Term
- Commences in April
- Concludes in June
School begins at 07:30 am and ends at 02:30 pm for the Primary Section. After school club activities go on until 03:30 pm. The students are then dismissed.
For the Secondary Section, school starts at 07:50 am and ends at 03:30 pm, Sunday through Wednesday. On Thursdays, classes start at 07:50 am and end at 02:30 pm, with 01:30 pm- 02:30 pm allotted for activities.
Admission and Fees
How to Apply to Rashid School for Boys?
Admission at Govt. of Dubai’s Rashid School for Boys is reserved for UAE Nationals.
To enrol in Foundation Stage 1 (FS1), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Should be aged between 3 years 6 months and 4 years 6 months at the time of application.
- The Rashid School for Boys admissions process favours applicants who have had a minimum of 6 months of nursery experience in an English or Arabic setting.
The Online Admissions Process of Rashid School for Boys is as follows:
- Use a laptop or PC for the admission process. The Admission System does not work on mobile.
- Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer can be used to submit the application.
- Scan the required documents. Keep in mind that the application will not be accepted unless all documents are submitted. Necessary documents are:
- Applicant’s passport (first two pages)
- Applicant’s Emirates ID (front and back)
- Applicant’s birth certificate (information page)
- Mother’spassport (first two pages)
- Mother’sEmiratesID (front and back)
- Father’spassport (first two pages)
- Father’sEmiratesID (front and back)
- Father’sFamilybooklet (whole family information pages)
- Applicant’sNursery/School report for the previous year (whole report)
- Depending on the availability, applicants will undergo an assessment based on which admission will be rewarded.
- The age requirement for each year is specified on the school website. Ensure your ward meets the age criteria before submitting your application.
Fee Structure at Rashid School for Boys
Students attending Rashid School for Boys pay an annual fee of AED 3,500. For information regarding the fees of each year, contact 04 336 1300
Scholarships at RSB
There are currently no scholarship schemes in place at Rashid School for Boys.
Lunch Options at RSB
Students eat lunch in the Dining Hall of the campus. Lunch timings split up by year are as follows:
- 12:50 pm 01:05 pm: Year 1 and Year 2
- 01:05 pm- 01:20 pm: Year 3 and Year 4
- 01:20 pm- 01:35 pm: Year 5 and Year 6
- 12:00 pm- 01:00 pm: Year 7 to Year 13 (Sunday to Wednesday)
- 12:45 pm- 01:30 pm: Year 7 to Year 13 (Thursday)
School Transportation at Rashid School for Boys
The school has under its management eight 20-seater buses to transport its students back and forth from school every day. The buses are regularly maintained and meet the full safety expectations of the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
Boarding Facility at Rashid School for Boys
RSB is a day-school and currently does not offer boarding facilities.
Holiday Camps at Rashid School for Boys
The school’s Social Studies Department organizes an educational trip to the United Kingdom every year. This tradition has been upheld by the institution for more than 20 years. The main goal of the UK tour is to offer the students more insight into life outside the United Arab Emirates.
Sports Facilities at RSB
Rashid School for Boys organises various physical activities and sports competitions on campus such as football, rugby, athletics, basketball, softball, and volleyball. The school houses a sports hall, swimming pool, squash court, and a football field where various sports fixtures take place.
Extra-curricular Activities at Rashid School for Boys
Rashid Boys School organises an impressive assortment of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA) for its students. ECA takes place throughout the week and is generally held after school hours.
Sunday and Wednesday (3 pm to 4 pm) ECA are optional for Years 7-12. Thursday activities (01:30 pm to 02:30 pm) are, however, compulsory for Years 7,8,9 and optional for Years 10,11,12.
Various Extra-Curricular Activities orchestrated by the school are:
- Logical/Mathematical Clubs
Information and communications technology (ICT)
- Language-based Clubs
- Spatial/Media Clubs
- Physical Activity Clubs
Relationship Skills & Health
The schedule for ECA is planned and managed by the RSB Enrichment Activity Programme.
Field Trips from Rashid School for Boys
The school arranges expeditions such as overnight camps and eco-venture trips for the students. Parents have to bear the expenses of their wards for these field trips. The school arranges for a professional team trained in First Aid from Eco Venture to accompany the students during tours.
After-school Care at RSB
The school conducts after-school programs throughout the week in the form of Extra-Curricular Activities (ECA). For the Primary Section, after-school activities are conducted from 02:30 pm to 03:30 pm (Sunday to Wednesday). ECA is optional for Years 7-12 (Sunday to Wednesday).
Medical Care at RSB
The school holds regular medical examinations for the students at predetermined key stages during their academic tenure with the school. A resident doctor and school nurse tend to the medical needs of the students at the school.