Originally operating as a primary school, Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou branch in Oud Metha transformed into a kindergarten school or Ecole Maternelle, as known in French, after primary classes were moved to the new LFIGP secondary branch in Academic City. One reason the primary school was moved to a different branch was the restriction of space in Oud Metha branch located in Bur Dubai. The kindergarten section was separated so that children can enjoy a spacious campus.
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha is a part of LFIGP schools located in other areas such as Academic City and Sharjah. LFIGP schools are closely linked with the French consulate which extends scholarships to students registered with these schools. LFIGP, Oud Metha is a not-for-profit and a co-education school.
Established in 2013, LFIGP Oud Metha offers French curriculum to kindergarteners aged 3 to 6 years old. As of now, the school has over 390 students, 18 teachers and 15 teaching assistants. The teacher to student ratio is 1:26.
Currently, Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou’s KHDA rating is ‘Outstanding’.
Residential Communities near Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Many family-friendly communities are in proximity to LFI Georges Pompidou. Some of the nearest ones are:
Al Karama is the nearest residential area. Home to many low-rise residential properties, Karama is also known for its buzzing shopping venues.
Families seeking residential properties near the school can consider the following:
- Apartments for rent near Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou
- Villas for rent near Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou
- Apartments for sale near Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou
Campus of Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou campus in Oud Metha had undergone renovation in 2014 to create more space for young children. Following the renovation, the school now houses large, spacious classrooms equipped with whiteboards, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) provisions and a sensitive soft-play room.
Furthermore, you will find a gymnasium, flow-through courtyards, motor skills room, a driving track and a shaded play area with play equipment. Additionally, there is an infirmary headed by two part-time doctors, a library and an educational kitchen room.
Location of Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou is located in the heart of Dubai, Oud Metha. The school shares location with the Alliance Française and French Business Council (Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry).
Why Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha?
What makes Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Ecole Maternelle different from any other school is their focus on elementary kids and their academic journey. Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Primary Oud Metha moved the entire primary block to the second branch in Academic City just to provide more space for the little ones.
Similarly, children graduating from Grande Section (GS) or KG 2 will be granted admission in the Academic City branch automatically to continue their primary and secondary education.
The Government of Dubai has developed protocols for schools to follow until the pandemic is over. This is an accumulative effort and approach to keep everyone, including students, teachers, parents and all the relevant third parties safe and healthy.
The KHDA has uploaded protocols for school reopening on the official website for your convenience. Here’s an overview of the preventive SOPs in place.
- Sterilising the school building, classrooms, laboratories and other facilities regularly, according to the recommendations of the National Authority for Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management.
- Assessing the temperature of everyone who enters the school building daily.
- Maintaining physical distance guidelines as recommended by the relevant health authorities and reducing the headcount capacity in classrooms.
- Seats will be placed 1.5 metres apart in classrooms.
- Keeping the bus capacity between 30% and 50%.
- Limiting gatherings and suspending group activities such as school celebrations and sports events.
- Appointing a trained health and safety officer to ensure that people and processes in the school comply with health and safety protocols.
- Physical education will continue; however, swimming pools will be closed.
- School-wide events such as sports day, assemblies, international days, activities are put on hold.
- Students can either attend classes in person or opt for distance or E-learning; schools can and should provide 100% distance learning provisions.
- For now, schools’ fees remain unchanged for the next academic year; however, schools have the authority to offer discounts as they deem fit.
- COVID-19 PCR testing is not mandatory for students without travel history. Only those who show symptoms of COVID-19 are required to take the PCR test.
- The KHDA recommends schools to provide virtual tours. If parents do visit the campus, they MUST follow all the safety measures. This includes wearing face masks and maintaining a 1.5 metres distance.
Grades Offered at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
LFIGP, Bur Dubai is a kindergarten school; hence there are three different sections.
Petite Section (PS), Moyenne Section (MS) and Grande Section (GS)
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Curriculum
LFI Georges Pompidou offers French curriculum at the kindergarten level. Children are taught five basic principles including:
- Stimulating and structuring of oral language while gradually initiating the writing process
- Using physical activity to act and express oneself
- Using artistic activities to act and express oneself
- Exploring the world
- Developing an initial understanding of the children’s environment and raising their questions
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Dubai strives to engage action, sensation, imagination, sensitivity and thought of children to enable a smooth transition to the primary section.
The different methods used by teachers at kindergarten level to attain a high level of participation from children include problem-solving, training and play-based activities.
Distance Learning at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou
The government of Dubai has mandated schools to offer distance learning provisions in addition to in-class learning, especially in the first phase of reopening. Distance learning format might differ from school to school and term to term but students opting for this model will be kept updated on the curriculum followed.
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou is offering Hybrid education for your convenience.
Responsible for the inspection of private schools in Dubai, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is a government entity that ensures the quality of education provided by these schools is par excellence.
As of now, Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou’s KHDA rating stands at ‘Outstanding’. Below is the 10-year journey of LFIGP School in terms of performance ratings:
2009 – 2010
2010 – 2014
2014 – 2019
The KHDA opinion of Lycee Francais Georges Pompidou is quite high and reflects in their annual report. LFIGP, Oud Metha has a dedicated and supportive leadership. The principal, co-coordinators and teachers aim to be positive role models for children and parents. Additionally, Lycee Francais International, Oud Metha has been successful in providing a healthy, safe and friendly environment to students.
As far as academics are concerned, students have shown remarkable attainment in subjects like French, English, Mathematics and Science. According to the KHDA, this advanced attainment is a result of teachers’ skilful expertise in early childhood education.
Finally, LFIGP, Dubai assists children in learning positive attitude, behaviour and work ethics.
Academic Calendar for Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Split into three terms, Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou’s academic calendar is 10-month long.
- The first term starts in the first week of September and ends in the second week of December, followed by a 3-week winter break.
- The second term starts in the first week of January and ends in the last week of March, followed by a 2-week spring break.
- The third term starts in the third week of April and ends in the first week of July, followed by a 2-month summer vacation.
Admission and Fees
How to Apply to Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha?
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou admission process is online and non-selective. The three steps that complete the admission process include pre-registration, processing and answers and joining.
Step 1: Pre-registration
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Oud Metha has introduced an online platform known as EDUKA where parents can log in to fill an application form. After the registration is complete, parents are requested to upload scanned copies of the following documents on the same portal.
- A copy of the student’s and parents’ passport
- Copy of the student and parents’ residence visa and Emirates ID
- If parents do not have the residence visa, then they need to show proof of work, transfer letter, employment contract, letter of engagement or proof of established business
- A copy of DEWA invoice if you are already a resident of Dubai
- A copy of the family book or the student’s birth certificate with the name of both parents mentioned
- A copy of the recent certificate of education from the school the student is currently attending
- A copy of the vaccination report
- A recent photo of the student in jpeg format
- In case of divorce, a copy of the mandatory judgement with parental authorisation letter (certified by a competent authority)
Once these documents are submitted, you will receive an email from the registration department informing whether the file is complete or not. Please note that all EDUKA platform communications are done via email.
Step 2: Processing and Answers
The second process details the steps to be taken after receiving an admission offer or being placed on the waiting list. In the event of admission, the following aspects need to be considered:
- Upon successful admission, parents whose children are educated in the AEFE network or are under contract in France will receive a proposal through an email which has to be validated within the deadline mentioned. Parents will have to pay a certain amount, as mentioned in the email. Failure to do so will allow the school to retreat their admission offer and place the child on the waiting list.
- Children who are enrolled in schools outside of the AEFE network or are not under contract in France will have to appear for a positioning test from the CP that costs AED 500. The final result will be emailed to parents with details of tuition fee mentioned which is to be paid within two weeks of receiving the email.
If your child is placed on a waiting list, then an email will be sent to you only if a seat available through cancellation or an existing student leaves.
Please note that seats in Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Oud Metha often get filled quickly; hence, parents are encouraged to complete the registration process as soon as possible.
Step 3: Joining
Once the admission process is completed, parents are requested to submit a final document containing a school report or school booklet for the current year.
Also, parents seeking admission must ensure that their child meets the following age criteria.
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
This is based on the age of the students on 31st July (for schools beginning in April) and 31st December (for schools beginning in September). Source: KHDA
Fee Structure at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Approved by the KHDA, Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou fees for kindergarten is:
Annual Tuition Fee
Annual Tuition Fee
Annual Tuition Fee
Annual Tuition Fee
Additional charges include:
- Re-registration fees: 10% of the annual tuition fee
- Membership fee: AED 7,000 (non-refundable)
- Application fee: AED 500 (non-refundable)
- Football fee: AED 4,000
The school offers 15% discount to the third child, a 25% discount to the fourth child and a 35% discount to the fifth child.
You can pay for LFIGP, Dubai fees through cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Scholarships at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Lycee Francais International GP school does not have an independent scholarship program. However, students of French nationality registered at the Consulate General of France of the UAE can become a recipient of the scholarship funded and awarded by the French State.
Before submitting the file or application to the Consulate General of France, parents should run the file by Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou Oud Metha’s administration to be approved by the principal. The application to the consulate can be submitted by the school or the family. However, parents or families will have to take an appointment before dropping the file.
The scholarship is granted on financial merits and is responsible for either covering the entire or parts of the tuition fees. Also, students should be at least 3 years of age when applying for the scholarship. For further details, please visit the official website of Consulate General of France or LFIGP scholarship grant page.
Lunch Options at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
The official catering partner of Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Bur Dubai is Ansamble. This catering service has achieved a ‘Gold’ rating by the Food and Safety department of the UAE.
The school has introduced cashless lunch payment, hence parents are required to register themselves online on the Ansamble website and top-up their account periodically to pay for their child’s lunch.
Children are served lunch boxes by a female Ansamble representative in the classroom between 11:00 am to 11:30 am. Children can either have their lunch in the classroom, cafeteria or the courtyard.
Kids can also bring their lunch from home. Food delivery is strictly prohibited by the school.
*Under Covid-19 protocol, the school is not providing fresh lunch. Students must bring lunch from home.
School Transportation at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha has outsourced transport services to Expert. To start using the bus service, parents need to complete an online form.
The company provides door-to-door service for students. Apart from normal school timings, students participating in after-school activities can also avail the transportation service as the bus takes another round at 03:30 pm.
*Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the school transport is operating at 30% to 50% capacity.
Holiday Camps at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Holiday camps are organized in the Academic City campus and students from all the four campuses can attend them. The most popular camp is Football (Futsal) camp.
*Due to the pandemic, holiday camps are suspended until further notice.
Since this particular branch only has students aged 3 to 6 years old, sports facilities are provided keeping in mind their physical needs. You will find a gymnasium, a well-equipped shaded area and a motor skills room.
Extra-curricular Activities at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Since the elementary level teaching is focused on play-based activities, extracurricular activities designed by LyceeFrancais International Georges Pompidou Oud Metha are aligned with the curriculum and include:
*Following Covid-19 restrictions, the school has suspended extracurricular activities until further notice.
Field Trips from Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Elementary students are taken on a recreational one-day trip to facilitate the classroom teachings. However, secondary section students have been to Ireland, Sicily, London, Jordan, Paris and Mumbai.
*Shool trips, of any kinds, are put on hold until further notice.
After-school Care at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
Children can take part in extracurricular, cultural and sporting activities from 02:00 pm to 03:30 pm every day.
*Under Covid-19 restrictions, the school has suspended after-school activities until further notice.
Medical Care at Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha
There is an infirmary in the school which is looked after by two part-time doctors. The clinic is well-equipped to tend to injuries and provide first-aid treatment. But, parents are requested to submit a comprehensive medical report at the time of registration so that the school is prepared to treat any child requiring special treatment.
Correct contact details are needed so that the school can reach parents on time in case of any emergency.
In addition to this, the clinic organises various seminars and sessions to update children on oral hygiene, self-confidence and benefits of good health.
Mode of Communication between Teachers and Parents
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Dubai actively involves parents in their child’s academic journey. Since the school has elementary-level kids, it is more important than ever that parents and guardians are kept posted about their children’s performance.
To serve this purpose, LFIGP, Oud Metha conducts parent-teacher meetings twice a year September and December) to discuss the past performance of the students and what measures parents can take to either maintain or elevate their performance.
Apart from face-to-face meetings, parents have to register on Poronte – a software maintained by the school. Through this portal, parents can know more about the upcoming school events, academic calendar, their children’s attendance and other features.
You can also be a part of a grade-specific WhatsApp group by requesting the class teacher. This method of communication provides instant updates regarding changes in school events or policies.
Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha Contact Information
- Telephone Number: +971-4-337-4161
- LFIGP Website
- LFIGP Facebook
Note that the cover image belongs to Lycee Francais International Georges Pompidou, Oud Metha.