Indian International School, DSO
Previously known as The Indian High School Silicon Valley, Indian International School (IIS) is located in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO). The sister school to the highly respected Indian High School opened its doors in 2011. Initially, the school entertained internal transfers to the Indian High School but now has halted this process.
The school aimed to provide quality education to Indian families living in Dubai at affordable prices. IIS, Dubai offers education from kindergarten to Grade 10. It follows the Indian curriculum and is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.
The school has over 2,100 students, 223 teachers and 31 teaching assistants making the teacher to student ratio 1:9, which is quite impressive. Adopting Dubai’s Inclusive Framework, IIS School has 195 students of determination and 6 counsellors working on the school grounds.
Since its inception, the school has secured an ‘Acceptable’ KHDA rating.
Residential Communities near Indian International School DSO
Apart from residents of Dubai Silicon Oasis, families, especially belonging to the Indian expat community have easy access to the school. Some of the nearest residential neighbourhoods include:
The nearest residential community is Academic City. This neighbourhood is a project of TECOM and was launched in 2007. As the name suggests, the community is home to over 28 global universities and is now one of the most sought-after communities in Dubai.
Parents looking for residential properties near the school can consider:
- Apartments for rent near Indian International School DSO
- Villas for rent near Indian International School DSO
- Townhouses for rent near Indian International School DSO
- Apartments for sale near Indian International School DSO
- Villas for sale near Indian International School DSO
Campus of Indian International School DSO
Since the campus is relatively new, the resources and facilities are top-notch. Modern campus facilities include a science lab that provides support for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology classes, and students can perform scientific/technological research. There is an ICT room with 25 PCs and advanced software like Making and Coding and Autodesk.
You will also find a Mathematics lab with geoboards, bingo cards, puzzles and coursework sheets. Classrooms have all the technological necessities required for a productive session, including internet connection and tablets.
There is a library as well, with over 8,000 books for entertainment and information sources. Students enjoy easy access to E-books, newspapers, journals, articles and course books. Also, the library staff assists students in the selection of books and other information sources.
To conduct assemblies, contests, competitions and performing arts, the school has built an auditorium with over 500 seats. The auditorium is equipped with a large screen projector and adequate lighting. There are 5 entry and exit doors in the auditorium with a green room for the use of participants.
As for sports facilities, there is a large swimming pool, basketball court, football field, table tennis room, KG play area, gym and yoga room and a playground for primary students. You will also find a recycling area where Eco club members conduct their recycling activity.
Finally, you will find a cafeteria on the school premises with a Wi-Fi connection and a recess radio room.
Location of Indian International School DSO
Indian International School is located in the community of Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO). It is close to Silicon Oasis Cricket Ground.
Why Indian International School DSO?
Although relatively new, IIS has maintained a reasonable KHDA rating and education standards that attract parents in search of quality primary or secondary education options for their children.
The resources and facilities at the school are more than adequate to ensure a supportive learning environment for your child. Apart from the core curriculum, extra-curricular clubs and enrichment activities enable students to pursue their interest and passion outside the mainstream academic field.
Since its inception, the IIS school has made steady progress and has shown tremendous improvement at the kindergarten level, especially in subjects such as English and Science.
The administration, principal and relative stakeholders are always striving to make the curriculum more interactive, productive and efficient for the benefit of students and parents.
The Government of Dubai has developed protocols for schools to follow until the pandemic is over. This is an accumulative effort and approach to keep everyone, including students, teachers, parents and all the relevant third parties safe and healthy once schools resume in September.
The KHDA has uploaded protocols for school reopening on the official website for your convenience. Here’s an overview of the preventive SOPs in place.
- Sterilising the school building, classrooms, laboratories and other facilities regularly, according to the recommendations of the National Authority for Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management.
- Assessing the temperature of everyone who enters the school building daily.
- Maintaining physical distance guidelines as recommended by the relevant health authorities and reducing the headcount capacity in classrooms.
- Seats will be placed 1.5 metres apart in classrooms.
- Keeping the bus capacity between 30% and 50%.
- Limiting gatherings and suspending group activities such as school celebrations and sports events.
- Appointing a trained health and safety officer to ensure that people and processes in the school comply with health and safety protocols.
- Physical education will continue; however, swimming pools will be closed.
- School-wide events such as sports day, assemblies, international days, activities are put on hold for now.
- Students can either attend classes in person or opt for distance or E-learning; schools can and should provide 100% distance learning provisions.
- For now, schools’ fees remain unchanged for the next academic year; however, schools have the authority to offer discounts as they deem fit.
- COVID-19 PCR testing is not mandatory for students without travel history. Only those who show symptoms of COVID-19 are required to take the PCR test.
- The KHDA recommends schools to provide virtual tours. If parents do visit the campus, they MUST follow all the safety measures. This includes wearing face masks and maintaining a 1.5 metres distance.
Grades Offered at Indian International School DSO
Indian International School, Dubai is based on the Indian curriculum and is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. The school is divided into four levels:
KG 1 and KG 2
Grade 1 to Grade 5
Grade 6 to Grade 8
Grade 9 and Grade 10
Indian International School DSO Curriculum
Indian International School, Dubai follows the Indian curriculum and is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The school offers a private and co-education setting for its students in the Dubai Silicon Oasis district.
The primary purpose of the curriculum is to develop and groom well-rounded, empathetic, strong, responsible and productive citizens of the community. The teachings in and outside of the classroom are aimed to build confident and compassionate students.
Classroom lessons include theme-based weeks to make learning more convenient and enjoyable for students. The curriculum focuses more on ‘hands-on’ learning rather than classic textbook teachings.
Students from Grade 1 to 6 have Hindi as a compulsory language. However, after Grade 8, students have the option to choose either Hindi or French as their second language. The following subjects are taught from Grade 1 to 10.
- Social Studies
- Islamic Education (for Muslim student only)
- Value education (for non-Muslim students)
- Hindi/ French
- Moral Education
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Distance Learning at Indian International School, DSO
The government of Dubai has mandated schools to offer distance learning provisions in addition to in-class learning, especially in the first phase of reopening. Distance learning format might differ from school to school and term to term but students opting for this model will be kept updated on the curriculum followed.
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority evaluates all private schools operating in Dubai. Academic and non-academic performances of the students as well as facilities provided by the school are used to rate the institute on a six-point scale as presented below.
Indian International School’s KHDA rating for the year 2018-2019 is ‘Acceptable’. In fact, since the inception of the school, IIS, Dubai has been rated ‘Acceptable’ consistently.
According to the KHDA report, the school performs best in the following areas:
- Facilities and resources provided at Kindergarten level support high levels of attainment and progress made by the students.
- Students in primary, middle and high school have the most attainment in the subject of Science.
- The school environment and facilities on offer are beneficial for academic and social growth of the students.
- The curriculum design ensures that attainment is high across all levels of the school.
The report also highlighted areas that need improvement.
- Governors must support the vision of enhancing the school performance at higher levels by appointing a sufficient number of quality leaders and teachers.
- Effective training for teachers and leaders is required.
- Provide teachers with effective strategies to support the students of determination.
- Students can retain most out of all subjects through assessments and self-evaluation.
Academic Calendar for Indian International School DSO
Indian International School academic calendar runs for 10 months, starting from April. Here’s a summary of the calendar to give you a better idea:
- The first term starts in the first week of April and ends in the last week of June, followed by a two-month summer break.
- The second term begins in the first week of September and ends in the second week of December, followed by a three-week winter break.
- The third term starts in the second week of January and ends in the third week of March, followed by a two-week spring break.
Admission and Fees
How to Apply to Indian International School DSO?
Indian International School DSO admission process is only for students seeking admissions in KG1 to Grade 9. Registrations are only open for a short period and the dates are announced on the school website.
For the academic year 2020-2021, online admission was open only from 21st to 24th October, 2019. Students coming from schools following a different curriculum will have to appear for an eligibility test. They must score at least 50% marks for the admission process to proceed further.
To initiate the admission process, parents will have to register themselves online and generate the admit card required for the eligibility test. Apart from the admit card, parents are required to submit the following documents:
- 2 copies of passport and visa of the applicant
- 2 copies of original Emirate ID card of the applicant
- 2 copies of birth certificate
- 2 passport size photographs
- 1 copy of the receipt of fee payment
KG2 to Grade 9
- 1 copy of passport and visa of the applicant
- 2 copies of original Emirates ID card of the applicant
- 7 passport size photographs
- 1 copy of the receipt of fee payment
- Final exam report from the previous school
- 3 copies of Transfer Certificate
After the eligibility test, students in Grade 8 and 9 appear for a personal interview on the same day. Candidates are also requested to bring their academic and non-scholastic records.
For students coming from India, the Educational Officer, UAE Embassy in Delhi or UAE Consulate in Mumbai, Indian Consulate in Dubai and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dubai must attest the Transfer Certificate.
For students coming from other countries, the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the respective country must attest the Transfer Certificate.
Birth Certificate Attestation Rules
- If the child is born in the UAE or any GCC country, the birth certificate issued by the government of that country does not have to be attested.
- If the child is born in India or any other country, then the birth certificate will have to be attested by the UAE Embassy in Delhi or UAE Consulate in Mumbai (for India only).
Please note that admission in KG1 is only granted to students living in Dubai. Also, Grade 10 students enrolled at the school will be automatically offered a place in Grade 11 in the Indian High School – Senior School.
Fee Structure at Indian International School DSO
Indian International School, DSO fees structure is as follows:
Annual Tuition Fees
KG1 and KG2
Annual Tuition Fees
Grade 1 to Grade 4
Annual Tuition Fees
Grade 5 and Grade 6
Annual Tuition Fees
Annual Tuition Fees
Annual Tuition Fees
Annual Tuition Fees
Annual Tuition Fees
Parents will have to pay a non-refundable AED 500 as an application fee. Global Indian International School Dubai fees can be paid via cash, cheque or bank transfer.
COVID-19 Discounts at Indian International School, DSO
Joining numerous educational institutes, Indian International School in Dubai Silicon Oasis has announced 30% discount on term 3 school fee. In fact siblings enrolled in the same branch will receive an additional 10% to 15% concession on school fees.
Lunch Options at Indian International School DSO
The school canteen serves healthy and nutritious meals and drinks to students. The staff invigilating the cafeteria ensures that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained.
*Under Covid-19 protocol, the school cannot offer freshly cooked meals. Students must bring lunch from home.
School Transportation at Indian International School DSO
IIS, DSO provides transportation to students. All the buses are well-equipped to ensure the safety of students during the commute. However, the school has several rules and regulations in place for smooth operations.
They implement these rules to avoid any unfortunate incidents on the bus. After communicating the address, the school will notify parents of the routes and pick and drop destination. For a change in route, parents will have to inform the school at least a month in advance. You can read the school bus rules and regulations for further clarification.
The school advises parents and guardians to give a three-month notice for the cancellation or discontinuation of the bus service.
To receive 100% refunds at the time of cancellation, parents must inform the school at least one month before the start of the academic term in April. For a 50% refund, parents must inform the school about the discontinuation of bus service at least a day before the start of the school. However, no refunds will be entertained once the academic year has started.
To view various bus routes provided by school transportation, please click here. For changes in bus routes or cancellation of bus service, parents will have to submit the school transport form to the transportation department in Indian High school branch in Oud Metha.
*Following Covid protocols, school transportation will run at 30% to 50% capacity.
Numerous sports facilities are available to the students of Indian International School DSO, Dubai. Apart from a regular fitness regime and a weekly physical education class, the school offers before and after-school sports sessions for students.
In the morning session (before school) students can take part in swimming, cricket, badminton and Kho-Kho. Additionally, the school offers Friday and Saturday clubs where pupils can engage in swimming, table tennis, basketball, athletics, tennis, football, badminton and gymnastics.
As for facilities, there is a full-sized swimming pool, a hall with 5 table tennis tables, chessboards and carrom boards, a basketball court, a mini basketball court with an adjustable pole, football field, cricket nets and two concrete pitches.
For kindergarten students, there is a gym with trampolines, cycling areas, walkers, steps and balancing beams. On the other hand, Grade 1 and 2 activity rooms are stocked with wall climbing, trampolines, basketball rings and football goalposts. There is a room for yoga and gymnastics as well with mattresses and wall mirrors.
*Adhering to the Covid-19 protocol designed by the KHDA, the school has closed swimming pool
Extra-curricular Activities at Indian International School DSO
IIS School, Dubai offers numerous extra-curricular activities through various clubs.
In the morning session (before school) students can take part in swimming, cricket, badminton and Kho-Kho. The school offers Friday and Saturday clubs where pupils can engage in swimming, table tennis, basketball, athletics, tennis, football, badminton and gymnastics.
Amongst all clubs, Eco club is the most popular among students. Students in Grades 3 to 9 can join the club called the ‘Green Patrols. ’ The club was established to promote the concept of conservation of the environment through the recycling of products. Under this club, several activities like ‘No Tobacco Day’, ‘Organic Farming’, ‘Paper Bag Campaign’ and ‘Clean-Up Campaign’ are held all-year-round.
*Under Covid-19 protocol, the school has suspended extracurricular activities until further notice
Field Trips from Indian International School DSO
Indian International School Dubai DSO takes special care of the social and academic needs of students. Each year, they plan several field trips for children to enjoy an outing with their friends while experiencing classroom learning in real life. Few of the recent trips include those to Global Village, Expo 2020 Centre and Mirdif City Centre.
*Under Covid-19 protocol, the school has suspended field trips until further notice
After-school Care at Indian International School DSO
After-school clubs allow students to take part in activities that are held outside of the regular school timings. The afternoon session offers football, basketball and table tennis and swimming.
*Under Covid-19 protocol, the school has suspended after-school clubs until further notice
Medical Care at Indian International School DSO
The medical care centre available on-site functions as per the guidelines set by the Dubai Health Authority. The clinic is well-equipped with a Medical Officer and three full-time nurses. All new students and students from Grade 1, 5 and 9 have to go through a mandatory comprehensive medical examination conducted each year.
The medical centre can provide first-aid treatment to staff and students should any incident or injury be sustained by the said person(s). Additionally, the clinic is well-stocked to assist students with special needs or chronic illnesses.
However, parents are strongly advised to maintain the latest record of contact information with the school so that establishing contact with them will be trouble-free.
Mode of Communication between Teachers and Parents
To allow parents to establish communication with teachers or the school, IIS, DSO, Dubai maintains a Parent Communication Office (PCO) near the reception area. This office is built for entertaining parents, guardians and sponsors’ queries regarding their child or the school. To know more about the role of PCO and days and timing allocated for the meetings with the supervisor, please visit the Parent Communication page.
Moreover, a parent portal also provides electronic access to student’s information. Details regarding your child’s attendance and school events can be easily viewed through this portal.
Also, WhatsApp groups for each grade are maintained by the school. You can be a part of it by requesting the class teacher or staff members. Through this group, parents can receive instant alerts regarding the school’s latest happenings.
Indian International School DSO Contact Information
- Telephone Number: +971-4-342-3909
- General Enquiries: email@example.com
- Admission Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Ihsiisadmissions@gmail.com
- IIS DSO Website
- IIS DSO Twitter
Note that the cover image belongs to Indian International School, DSO.