Delta English School (DES) is a distinguished educational institution in the United Arab Emirates. Situated in the Muwailih Commercial area of Sharjah, it is one of the first schools in the country to be affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi. Known for its high standards of education and diverse student pool, the primary goal of DES is to offer top-grade education at an affordable cost. Delta English School is also considered one of the top schools in the emirate of Sharjah.
Delta English School has two programmes in operation, called the Delta Instruction Quality (Delta IQ) and the Student Success Program (SSP) that aim to improve upon traditional teaching methods and techniques. Students from all walks of life attend Delta English School, which enables pupils to get an international educational experience on campus.
The school believes that having a multicultural environment can help in cultivating social and cultural skills, which are essential to the overall development of the students. The motto of Delta English School is ‘Our Differentiation Molds Innovators’. DES strives to accomplish this by recognising and nurturing uniqueness in their students.
Residential Communities near Delta English School
Located in Muwailih Commercial Sharjah, Delta English School is in close proximity to a number of family-friendly neighbourhoods. Here are some of the closest residential areas near Delta English School.
The school is adjacent to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311). Parents looking to live closer to Delta English School can consider these housing options:
Campus of Delta English School
The Delta Education System cemented its roots in the private education sector with the inception of Delta Nursery in 1989. Delta English School came into being in 1992 and offered classes from Kindergarten to Grade 4 with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum.
The campus, originally situated in Ghafiya next to Al Shaab sports club, relocated to the Maysaloon area in 1996 and comprised of three blocks- Administration block, Kindergarten block and grades 1 to 6.
To further facilitate the growing student population and accommodate classes from kindergarten to grade 12, the school built a state-of-the-art campus in Muwailih Commercial where it finally found its new home in September 2009.
Of the many facilities DES offers its students, notable amenities are the Earnest Hemingway Library, the Delta English School Media Hub, and the student activity centre, all of which the students are entitled to utilise during school hours.
Location of Delta English School
DES is currently located on S116 Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Road, Muwailih Commercial Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Why Delta English School?
Affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), DES is one of the top Indian curriculum schools in Sharjah. The strength of the Delta Education System lies in its unique programs- namely the Delta Instruction Quality (Delta IQ) and the Student Success Program (SSP). The aim of these programs is to improve upon traditional teaching techniques through tools such as Problem-Based Learning (PBL), student research, intra-group discussions and so on.
The SSP has launched over 50 Advanced Curricular Enhancements (ACE) to improve students’ college and career readiness. Some ACE initiatives are:
- Student Governance
- Debate Programs
- Honour Societies
- Creative Writing
- Scouting & Guiding
- Performing Arts
- Campus Internships
- Community Service Assignments
The students’ participation in these initiatives is then assessed on a five-point grading scale. This assessment does not affect their overall academic evaluation. DES utilises an in-house software called Performa for the purpose of evaluating both the scholastic and non-scholastic progress of its students.
Delta English School is home to the Earnest Hemingway Library, which contains over 20,000 books- both fiction and non-fiction. 95% of its collection is imported from the United States. The library also has an impressive collection of encyclopedias, world maps, magazines such as National Geographic and Times, etc.
Years Offered at Delta English School
DES is a K-12 (Kindergarten to Grade 12) school affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi.
Delta English School Curriculum
DES’ syllabus aims to prepare its students not just for examinations but for life after school as well. To implement this vision, Delta English School’s curriculum is infused with course material that imparts necessary life skills in the form of five core elements.
- Content Knowledge: Delta English School’s curriculum concentrates on subjects such as Language, Arts, Mathematics, Science, Economics, World Languages, Accountancy, Business & Information Technology.
- 21st Century Themes: Every student at DES will be educated on relevant 21st-century themes throughout their courses, such as Global Awareness, Financial, Economic, Business and Entrepreneurial Literacy and Civic Literacy.
- Learning & Innovation Skills: DES’ curriculum is designed to incorporate and encourage Creativity and Innovation, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Communication and Collaboration in their students.
- Information, Media & Technology Skills: Through Information Literacy, Media Literacy and ICT (Informations & Communications Technology) Literacy, DES equips their students to transform their big ideas into realities.
- Life & Career Skills: Delta English School inculcates relevant college and career readiness skills into the curriculum, such as Flexibility & Adaptability, Initiative and Self-Direction, Social and Cross-Cultural Skills, Productivity and Accountability, and Leadership & Responsibility.
For more information regarding the curriculum engineering at Delta English School, visit the school’s updated resource page.
Academic Calendar for DES
The school year at Delta English School takes place from April to March. The summer semester spans from April to Mid October and the winter semester from Mid October to March. Summer vacation commences in July and concludes in August, whereas winter vacation commences in the third week of December and concludes in the first week of January.
View the academic calendar of Delta English School for more details of the activities and events planned for the school year.
Admission and Fees
How to Apply to Delta English School?
DES has an Admission & Review Committee (ARC) in place that overlooks the entire admission process for the school. The ARC takes into account the prospective students’ grade transcripts, involvement in extracurricular and community activities, personal talents, honours and awards.
The admission process at DES is fairly simple and consists of four steps. They are:
- Ask: Parents can inquire further about Delta English School by clicking the inquiry button on the landing page of the website.
- Apply: On clicking the ‘Helios’ button on the landing page of the website or clicking Online Admission, parents can submit their children’s Candidate Profile which is the primary admission application for the school.
- Assess: The prospective student will then have to go through a Knowledge & Skills Assessment Session (KSA), Pre-Admissions Clearance Examinations (PACE) and a personal interview.
- Accept: If the student is selected to attend Delta English School, they will receive an Admissions Offer Letter and an enrollment package.
Ensure that your child meets the age criteria outlined by the Ministry of Education for admissions, which are:
- Admission to Kindergarten 1: Candidate must be four (4) years of age on or before July 31 of 2020
- Admission to Kindergarten 2: Candidate must be five (5) years of age on or before July 31 of 2020
- Admission to Grade 01: Candidate must be six (6) years of age on or before July 31 of 2020
An attested birth certificate should be produced at the time of admission. If the child’s birth certificate is yet to be attested, parents can upload an unattested equivalent which should then be replaced with the attested copy within 30 days of admission to the school. The attestation criteria based on region are highlighted here.
Fee Structure at DES
Method of payment: Per month
Number of months per school year: 10
Delta English School fees are paid in 10 instalments, with each instalment constituting one month. Fees are not collected for the duration of Summer Vacation (July & August).
Important guidelines to keep in mind during the fee payment process:
- Fees are due on or before the 5th of every month. Failure to pay the fees by the 5th will result in transportation services being suspended.
- The school discourages holding the fees in arrears. The student’s name will be removed from the DES’ roster if the fees are not paid latest by the 25th of the month. The student will then have to go through the admission process once more to enrol in the school.
- Transportation fees should be paid along with tuition and other applicable fees. This sum should be paid in full, part-payments are discouraged.
- Fee payments are made to the Office of the Bursar. Modes of payment at Delta English School include cash payment, personal check, credit card, electronic fund transfer or online credit card payment.
For information regarding Delta English School Sharjah fee structure for each grade, parents can contact the school directly at +971 6 535 9244
Scholarships at DES
Currently, there are no scholarship schemes available at Delta English School. The Admission & Review Committee will, however, factor into account the student’s merit and achievements during the competitive admissions process.
Lunch Options at DES
Students are encouraged to bring packed lunches from home. An allotted lunch break comes into effect in the middle of the day for students to have their lunch.
School Transportation at Delta English School
The transportation at DES is managed by Momentum, which is the school’s transportation office. Students residing in Sharjah, Ajman, Dubai and Umm Al Quwain can avail of the school transportation services. Transportation is charged on a monthly basis and is expected to be paid with the school fees.
To avail the transportation services, parents can complete and submit the Transportation Registration Form. Keep these guidelines in mind while signing up for Delta English School’s transportation service:
- The transportation fee should be paid prior to the 5th of every month. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the service effective immediately.
- Since the transportation fee is calculated for the entire month, students who wish to opt-out of the service during the month will not be eligible for refunds. Similarly, students wishing to avail the service for just one day of the month will have to pay transportation fees for the entire month.
- If the parent wishes to change the bus stop due to a change in residence, they can request to do so via the school calendar. Momentum will then send a Bus Stop Transfer Application Form for the parents to fill out and submit. Change in the bus stop will reflect after 5 business days.
- Momentum predetermines the pick-up and drop-off points, and bus timings based on the Transportation Registration form submitted by the parents.
- Parents are discouraged from contacting the bus drivers directly regarding matters such as a change in the bus stop, cancellation of transportation services, etc.
To discontinue transportation services for their ward, the parents have to submit the transportation withdrawal form. Changes will come into effect in 5 business days.
For more information regarding transportation fees, contact the school at +971 6 535 9244
Boarding Facilities at DES
The school currently does not offer boarding facilities on campus. Parents can consider housing options in Muwailih Commercial to stay closer to the school.
Holiday Camps at Delta English School
The Titan Globetrotters initiative by DES organises holiday camps in which students visit popular scenic destinations across the globe. The Titan Globetrotters arranged a tour to Singapore in March 2018, and to Musandam Oman in 2019. Please note that the expenses for such trips are to be borne by the parents.
Sports Facilities at DES
Delta English School has state-of-the-art sports facilities such as a basketball court, volleyball court, playground for primary and a sports ground for athletics and various other sports activities. The school also has a dedicated play area for the little ones.
Extra-curricular Activities at DES
Curated by DES’ Student Success Program (SSP), some of the various extracurricular activities students are encouraged to partake in are:
- James Barrie Performing Arts Festival
- Winter Bash
- Transition Colloquium
- STEM Day
- Entrepreneur Competition
- Annual Spirit Week
- Junior Kindergarten 100th School Day
- Eco Series
- Health Lens
- Honours Day
- P2P Quest
- Learning-centric Field Trips
- Freshman Orientation
- Visual Arts Fair
- Career Day
- Titan Challenge
- Kindergarten Graduation Day
More information regarding SSP’s extracurricular activities can be accessed on Delta English School Sharjah’s website.
Field Trips from Delta English School
DES organises educational excursions for the students regularly. Some notable locations the school has organised field trips to in the past are:
- Sharjah Discovery Centre
- Sharjah Classic Cars Museum
- Sharjah Archeology Museum
- Sharjah Centre for Astronomy & Space Sciences
- Sharjah Aquarium
After-school Care Facilities at DES
DES currently does not offer specific after-school care for its students. They are, however, encouraged to participate in various extracurricular activities organised by the school which sometimes operates beyond school hours.
Medical Care at Delta English School
DES has a well-equipped medical clinic called The Osler Health Center on its premises that is run by the primary care physician and the school nurse. Every student will undergo a brief physical examination and routine medical checkups. In the event of a medical emergency, The Osler Health Center will contact the student’s parents and the student will be taken to Al Qassimi Hospital or Kuwait Hospital.
Mode of Communication between Teachers and Parents
Delta English School Sharjah sends out an electronic Quarterly Assessment Performance Report (QAPR) and the Titan Multi-Lateral Assessment Profile (MAP) to inform parents and students of performance alerts.
DES keeps parents informed and up-to-date through:
- Monthly Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Appointment-based meetings
- Parent Council
- Open Houses
Delta English School Contact Information
- Telephone Number: +971 6 535 9244
- Fax: +971 6 535 9245
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing address: Office of Admissions, Delta English School, Postal Code 20121, Muwailih Commercial, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Website: www.deltasch.com
Note that the cover image belongs to Delta English School Sharjah.