Dawha School was established in 1986 as a private primary school. Over the past three decades, the school has grown in strength and now offers classes from Kindergarten to the Secondary School level.
Dawha School is a respected educational institution in Sharjah that offers the American Curriculum. The school employs highly qualified and experienced faculty members to maximise the potential of the students. This ensures that the students are prepared to go to prestigious universities and manage their careers thereafter.
Located in Al Sumod Street, Al Azra, Sharjah, the school is an institution that builds strong bonds with parents and keeps them updated regarding their child’s progress. The school aims to mould well-rounded personalities by setting the highest standards of conduct, efficiency and cultural integrity.
The school is home to high-end facilities and state-of-the-art ICT technology. To know more about Dawha School’s fee structure, campus and amenities, read this guide by Bayut.
Residential Communities near Dawha School
Dawha School is ideally located in the Al Azra community of Sharjah. The school is nestled in a neighbourhood of educational institutions such as New Delhi Private School Sharjah and ASPAM Indian International School. Residential communities close to the area are:
The Al Azra area has multiple properties for rent and sale. Parents looking to move closer to Dawha School Sharjah can consider some of these options:
Campus of Dawha School
Dawha School’s purpose-built campus houses various top-notch facilities such as:
- Dedicated science laboratories
- Latest computer technology
- Fully stocked library
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Arts and sports facilities
- Medical Clinic
The school also has a common square in the centre of the campus that includes a theatre used for holding events, celebrations and other activities. Students at Dawha School make use of the services the school offers for various scholastic and non-scholastic activities. This in-turn funnels a rich and all-rounded development of each student.
Location of Dawha School
Located at 83 Al Samood Street, Al Azra, Sharjah, Dawha School is easily accessible from both Dubai and Ajman.
The school is also in close proximity to family-friendly residential communities such as Al Ghafia and Al Ramtha that have multiple properties available for rent and sale. Parents can consider moving into these communities to live closer to the school.
Why Dawha School?
The school aims to empower its students during the course of their educational journey. The school encourages its students to “self-discover” in order to completely understand their true potential and talent. Dawha School takes certain steps to help students on their road to self-discovery. They are:
- Preparing a rigorous, university-ready academic program that embraces the best practices of the American curriculum.
- Establish a nurturing learning environment that emphasises on personal success and happiness.
- Establish programs in theatre, art, sport and technology to explore their talents.
The school started off as a primary school in 1986 and has now expanded to offer an American High School Diploma Program at the secondary school level. The American High School certificate is widely recognised. The school has a proud 100% pass percentage in TOEFL.
The school rigorously abides by their vision and mission for the school to continuously evolve.
- To develop the pursuance of academic excellence through quality education.
- Keeping up with technology while also blending core values, traditions and culture.
- To provide a safe educational environment that offers effective teaching and learning.
Offering classes from Kindergarten to Grade 12, the school embraces the diversity and culture of each and every one of the students that attend the school. The school has a dedicated guidance counsellor and learning specialist to assist the students as and when needed.
Grades Offered At Dawha School
Grades at Dawha School are split according to the standard American schooling system– Kindergarten, Elementary, Intermediate and Secondary.
Dawha School Curriculum
The school has adopted a college-preparatory American curriculum to instruct its students. It is one of the many American-curriculum schools in Sharjah. This curriculum also inculcates Arabic, Islamic and Social Studies subjects as per the requirements of the Ministry of Education. The syllabus covers various topics based on the grade level.
At this level, the curriculum focuses on promoting Elementary Stage readiness while also nurturing each individual students’ passion. Social, emotional and academic skills are developed through activities and play. Decision-making, problem-solving, expressing one’s feelings, group participation, practising empathy and dealing with conflict are some of the core focuses of learning at the Kindergarten level. The subjects taught at this level are:
From Grades 1 to 3, students learn in small, self-contained classrooms where they receive individual care from the teachers. The curriculum at this level focuses on four core subjects, which are:
- Social Studies
While reading is taught through phonics, teachers use a more hands-on approach for math and science to encourage an application-based approach, rather than rote learning. Enrichment classes are also offered at this level.
- Computer science
- Physical education
- Religious studies
As part of the religious studies, the school also offers sessions for Holy Quran recitation and for religious instruction.
The curriculum becomes more advanced at this level and includes subjects such as:
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
Students at this level are regularly scheduled to meet a faculty advisor to keep track of their academic and social life and talk through any problems they face. Students also develop various soft skills such as time management and creative thinking as a result of their rigorous schedule.
Secondary level students focus their attention more on academic advancement in order to secure admissions in good colleges and institutions after school. They learn advanced theories and delve deeper into their academic subjects which are:
- Computer Science
- Physical Education
Academic Calendar for Dawha School
The school year is split into three terms. Dawha School calendar for the academic year 2020-2021 is as follows:
- The First Term commences in late August and concludes in the second week of December. Winter Break lasts for a duration of three weeks.
- The Second Term begins in the first week of January and ends in the last week of March. Spring Break lasts two weeks.
- The Third Term begins in the second week of April and ends in the first week of July.
Classes begin at 07:50 am and end at 01:30 pm every day.
Admission and Fees
How to Apply to Dawha School
The school is a K-12 American Curriculum school. The school encourages prospective parents to visit the campus so as to get a better idea of the values and functioning of the school. This can be done by contacting the school and booking a campus tour. While enrolling your child in Dawha School, keep these important points in mind:
- Ensure that your child meets the Age Requirements set by the KHDA for each grade before applying for admission.
- Application is done through the school website. Seats are subject to availability so the earlier the better.
- A short interview will be conducted once the parents submit the application. The school will contact the parents to schedule a convenient date and time for the same.
- For applicants in Grade 1 and up, they must have documentation to prove that they completed the previous grade successfully. They will also be required to apply for and write entrance exams in Math and English.
Documents required for admission:
- Academic committee approval on passing the entrance exam
- Valid original student passport
- Copy of parents’ passport (students name should be clear and case-accurate)
- Valid Residence Visa
- Original Emirates/National ID
- Original Birth Certificate (in Arabic/English, the name should match with that of passport)
- Father’s valid Passport and Visa
- Family Registration Card (for UAE Nationals)
- Transfer Certificate (attested by Ministry of Education, UAE Embassy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Edu. Zone)
- SIS number
- Report card from the last two years
- Four recent photographs
- Medical file
- Promise letter to raise academic standards
Dawha School fees range from AED 12,000 to AED 18,000 per year. For more information regarding the fees for each grade, contact the school at 06 522-6500
Important guidelines to keep in mind while paying the fees:
- Fees are to be paid in three instalments.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Fees should be paid using a post-dated cheque.
- The school charges an additional AED 200 for every bounced cheque.
- Tuition fees have to be cleared at the scheduled time for students to attend classes, receive books and official documents from the school.
- Books prices are payable in cash.
- The school cancels all discounts and financial facilities if the tuition fees are not cleared by the end of the year or if the cheque bounces.
Scholarships at Dawha School
Families receive discounts in the tuition fee under the Need-Based Financial Aid Program (N-FAP) offered by the school.
Dawha School also has a Distinction Scholarship Award Program (D-SAP) where the students’ tuition fee is discounted based on academic merit.
Lunch Options at Dawha School
There are three canteens on-campus– one for Elementary School, one for the Boys’ section and one for the Girls’ section. A range of healthy foods, snacks and drinks are available to the students at an affordable rate.
Dawha School also encourages students to bring healthy packed lunches from home.
School Transportation at Dawha School
The school offers transport facilities to the students in the form of well-maintained buses that pick and drop the students in the nearest possible location to their homes. These buses have routes to Sharjah, Ajman and Dubai.
In the event of shifting homes, parents must follow these steps to continue receiving smooth transportation:
- Inform the school with a written application one week prior to shifting
- Changes are subject to administration approval
Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of the bus, failure to do so will result in the student’s bus registration being cancelled.
Dawha School is a day-school and does not offer boarding facilities.
Holiday Camps at Dawha School
There are currently no holiday camps for the students of Dawha School.
Dawha School encourages physical fitness and health amongst their students and has various sports facilities on-campus to serve this purpose. Students also participate in competitions and matches held with other schools in Sharjah.
Extra-curricular Activities at Dawha School
The school promotes active participation in co-scholastic and extracurricular activities for an all-rounded development of the student.
At the Kindergarten level, the school offers:
- A Performing Arts program for each child to explore their artistic strengths and talents.
At an Intermediate level and higher level:
- Student council
- Literary magazine
- Chess club
- Athletic teams
- Field trips
- Competitive sports
- Community service
- Performing arts
- Religious activities and clubs
Field Trips from Dawha School
Dawha School organises a variety of major class trips as part of the schools aim to provide an education which is not solely limited to rote learning. Students of Dawha School visit destinations such as museums, parks, aquariums– any location which is relevant to their area of study at that grade level.
There are currently no after-school care provisions at Dawha School.
Medical Care at Dawha School
There is a medical clinic at Al Dawha Private School that employs qualified medical staff that tend to accidents, injuries and other medical emergencies.
Mode of Communication between Teachers and Parents
Parents can access news and other relevant information regarding the school on the official website and its social networking accounts. The school also organises parent-teacher meetings each semester to keep the parents updated regarding their child’s progress.
Dawha School Contact Information
- Telephone number: +971 6 522 6500
- Email address:
- Dawha School Sharjah Website
- Dawha School Facebook
Note that the cover image belongs to Dawha School.