The largest inland city in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Al Ain literally translates to ‘the spring,’ which explains why it is commonly referred to as The Garden City. People looking for a blissful retreat from the fast-paced urban life of Dubai and Abu Dhabi love the parks in Al Ain. This underrated treasure offers an escape to families and working professionals.
About Al Ain
Al Ain is not only the fourth largest city by area in the UAE but is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Besides the many parks in Al Ain, there are several other attractions too in this city. It is one of the oldest permanently-inhabited settlements in the world. Situated at a one-and-a-half hour drive from Abu Dhabi, the city has a rich archaeological history. This includes picturesque forts such as Al Jahili Fort and Al Ain Museum which showcases the historic evolution of life in the UAE. It also offers some stunning city views atop Jebel Hafeet, which is the highest peak in the emirate. Al Ain is also popular for its date palm oasis. Families looking to move to the area can check out flats for rent in Al Ain.
Best Parks in Al Ain
Most people head to the parks in Al Ain city to retreat from the humid weather and spend some time close to nature. The Garden City is home to a number of lush, green public gardens having remarkable landscapes and attractive fountains. To ease you, MyBayut has made a list of parks in Al Ain.
Al Jahili Park
Close to Al Jahili Fort, Al Jahili Park is situated right in the heart of Al Ain. It is situated adjacent to Sheikha Fatima’s Palace and is very well-kept. Al Jahili Park in Al Ain is the perfect spot for friends and family to hang out.
- There is a large screen installed outside the park for visual infotainment.
- It also has a Starbucks outlet inside, having its own drive-through.
- There are three play areas at different spots in the park with sand floors and toys for children too.
- Al Jahili Park offers you a 10-kilometre jogging track so you can exercise and stay in perfect shape.
- It is one of the best family parks in Al Ain.
Al Ain Ladies Park/Basra Park
Although it is a rather quiet place, Al Ain Ladies Park is also known as Al Basra Park.
- As the name suggests, this public park in Al Ain is for ladies and children only, including boys under 10.
- Having a number of benches, play areas, slides and swings, the park offers the perfect recreational spot for women and children.
- A dried up river covered by a wooden bridge and a small refreshments corner further complement the park.
- Phone: +971-3-767-8862
Green Mubazzarah Park Al Ain
This is one of the best parks in Al Ain UAE. Head to Green Mubazzarah to relax and unwind over the weekend in the Al Ain Oasis.
- It’s is one of the most popular gardens in Al Ain for picnics and barbeques.
- The lining of large rock boulders of Jebel Hafeet in the background further flatters the greenery of the park.
- It has attractions for children, including a mini train and thermal baths. Families living close by enjoying picnics at this park.
- Some corners of Green Mubazzarah park host campers who set up tents there.
- It also has some hot springs for you to dip your feet in, although you might want to be careful.
- Furthermore, you can even rent a chalet at Green Mubazzarah, which is certainly a unique feature for a park.
- Phone: +971-3-783-9555
Jebel Hafeet Park
Located close to Green Mubazzarah is the Jebel Hafeet Park in Al Ain. It is a popular sightseeing location for visitors due to the scenic beauty and rocky terrain it is built on.
- The temperature at the top of the mountain peak gets cooler so you might want to keep your jacket if you visit.
- You can ditch the crowd and enjoy the scenic views if you go there at night time.
Other family attractions in Al Ain
Hili Fun City
If you want to visit a theme park in Al Ain, visit Hili Fun City. It is one of the largest theme parks in the UAE and is famous for a number of reasons. It is located close to Al Ain Ice Rink, has awesome facilities and also offers unique rides.
- Timings: 4 pm – 10 pm Monday to Thursday. 12 pm to 10 pm on weekends
- Phone: +971-3-784-5542
Children’s garden in Al Ain Zoo
If you happen to stop by Al Ain Zoo, you’ll see a children’s garden situated in it. Kids get to learn about biodiversity while parents can enjoy seeing zoo animals. The park has a fruit and vegetable garden, various picnic spots, play areas and a flower garden.
Besides these, the Wadi Adventure Park in Al Ain is also worth a visit if you enjoy adventurous activities.
All in all, you must visit the parks in Al Ain as Garden City houses some of the best. Do plan a trip to the must-visit parks in Dubai if you visit the city. Stay tuned to the best property blog in the UAE for more recreational updates.