Dubai is home to almost 80 consulates that handle diplomatic matters like issuing visas and passports, apart from other serious issues concerning the large expat population. The embassies in Dubai enable immigrants to consult with relevant government officials regarding everything related to their stay in a new country to facilitating trade in the UAE. Embassies and consulates in Dubai usually operate as per the UAE workweek (Sunday to Thursday). Most of them are closed during official UAE public holidays and public holidays in the home countries.
MyBayut has prepared a list of foreign embassies in Dubai with addresses and contact information so you can avail of stress-free visa and passport services.
List of Foreign Embassies in Dubai
A sizable part of the UAE populace comprises expats, all of which rely on their respective country’s embassies to process necessary tasks like passport renewals. Today over 200 nationalities are living in Dubai. Here are some of the prominent foreign embassies in Dubai.
Indian Consulate Dubai
To assist Indians with their passport and visa services, the Indian Embassy in Dubai operates five days a week. Additionally, the embassy helps those who want to renew Indian passport in the UAE.
The Indian Embassy is located in Diplomatic Enclave in Umm Hurair 1, a 13-minute drive from Dubai International Airport. Indian Embassy Dubai does not operate on all the holidays of its home country and its embassy country. If you are planning to move abroad, check out our moving checklist for India to Dubai to ensure you don’t miss important documents.
- Indian Embassy Dubai Location: Diplomatic Enclave, 8th St, Dubai
- Working Hours: Sun to Thu, 08:00 am – 04:30 pm. Lunch Break: 01:00 pm – 01:30 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Timing for passport services: 08:30 am to 12:30 pm, 02:00 pm to 04:30 pm
- Timing for visa services: 08:30 am to 12:00 pm, 02:30 pm to 04:00 pm | 08:30 am to 12:00 pm (OCI)
- Contact: +971-4-397-1222 | +971-4-397-1333
Pakistani Consulate Dubai
If you want a hassle-free visit to the Pakistani Embassy in Dubai, you need to book an appointment with the personnel. The working hours are from 07:00 am to 02:00 pm for most of the official proceedings. Regarding the fee structure of passports, the embassy charges different prices for the renewal of passport, renewal after loss and other urgent proceedings.
Pakistani Embassy Dubai facilitates with an emergency number to contact after working hours and during holidays as well. If you’re moving to Dubai from Pakistan, you may need to know where the Pakistani Embassy is in Dubai.
Some services like online Pakistani passport renewal in Dubai can be processed without a visit to the consulate.
- Pakistani Embassy Dubai Location: 11th Street Khalid Bin Waleed Road, Umm Hurair One, Dubai
- Working hours: 07:00 am to 02:00 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Timing for visa section: 07:00 pm to 02:00 pm (Sunday to Thursday)
- Contact: +971-4-397-3600 | +971-4-397-0412
American Consulate Dubai
The American Embassy in Dubai guides expat American residents of Dubai with all the relevant information, including visas, passport renewals and more. They provide support during any emergencies that American expats may face in Dubai. One of the most prominent services Dubai residents approach the American consulate for include visas and passport services. For US citizens in Dubai, you are allowed to keep your current US passports during your application processing time.
- American Consulate Dubai Location: 8 Al Seef St, Dubai
- Working hours: 08:00 am – 05:00 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Contact: +971-4-309-4000
British Consulate Dubai
British expats in Dubai are well served by the British Embassy in Dubai. You can book your appointment by phone or online, whereas there is a facility to process an application online and through the mail. British Embassy.
- Location of UK embassy in Dubai: Al Seef Road Near to – Dubai Creek
- Working hours: 07:30 am – 02:30 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Contact: +971-4-309-4444
Philippine Consulate Dubai
The Philippine Consulate General Dubai facilitates Filipino residents in the emirate in everything from visa services to overseas voting. The timings for all services vary at the facility and visitors are expected to be mindful of them. For example, passport renewal hours are from 08:00 am to 02:00 pm. Additionally, the cutoff time for cashier services is 04:00 pm — no transactions are accepted beyond this period. Furthermore, all payments at the consulate must be made in cash.
Others can opt for booking via phone or online applications for visa and passport processing. Additionally, applicants can also renew their Philippines passport in Dubai via the consulate.
- Philippine Embassy in Dubai Location: 851 Beirut St, Al Qusais 3, Dubai
- Working hours: 08:00 am to 05:00 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Timing for visa application: 08:00 am to 11:30 am | 04:00 pm 05:00 pm (visa release)
- Timing for passport appointment: 08:00 am to 03:30 pm | 08:00 am to 05:00 pm (passport release)
- Contact: +971-56-501-5755/ +971-56-501-5756
Egyptian Consulate Dubai
The Egyptian Embassy in Dubai also serves citizens with passport and visa services. If you are an Egyptian national, this embassy will even guide you on how to bring pets to the UAE. The working hours of the Egyptian Embassy in Dubai are between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Applicants are required to book an appointment beforehand to avoid any inconvenience.
- Egyptian Embassy in Dubai Location: Street no. 6, Khalid Bin Al Waleed Road, Umm Hurair 1, Consulate Area, Bur Dubai
- Timing: 08:30 am – 03:00 pm | 08:30 am – 03:00 pm 05:00 pm to 07:00 pm (Thursday)| Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Contact: +971-4-397-1122
Bangladesh Consulate Dubai
For issuance or renewal of passport, applicants can send an online query to the Bangladesh Embassy in Dubai. The embassy organises seminars and conferences to enlighten participants about business or education opportunities. The consular wing of the Bangladesh Embassy in Dubai also assists the locals with urgent passports and consular attestation services. Those who want to renew their Bangladesh passports in Dubai can do so at the consulate.
- Bangladesh Embassy Dubai Location: Villa no. 36 – 145 3rd St, Al Waheda, Dubai
- Timing: 09:00 am – 05:00 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Contact: +971-4-238-8199
Iran Consulate Dubai
Applicants can also apply for an online passport and visa from the Iran Embassy in Dubai, whereas approval of the visa would be finalised after the interview. For visa applicants, it is recommended to submit valid documents and credentials for convenient proceedings. The Iran Embassy follows the local workweek of the UAE and is closed on Fridays and Saturdays as well as during the national holidays of both countries.
- Location: Al Wasl Road 256, Dubai
- Timing for non-Arab Nationality: 08:00 am to 12:00 pm | Closed on Friday and Saturday
- Contact: +971-4-344-4717 / +971-4-344-4976
Sri Lanka Consulate Dubai
The consular division of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Dubai encourages the submission of the application by hand. It is required for applicants to be physically present to submit the application and collect the visa. In case of a lost passport, one must submit a copy of the police report with a legal English translation. The Sri Lankan embassy operates five days a week and it’s closed on Saturday and Sunday. Furthermore, it also processes Sri Lankan passport renewal in Dubai for all emirates except Abu Dhabi.
- Srilanka Embassy in Dubai Location: Villa No 2, Plot B-44, Street 322-B, 8C Street Mankhool Road, Dubai
- Working hours: 08:30 am – 01:00 pm Closed on Saturday and Sunday)
- Sri Lanka embassy in Dubai Contact number: +971-4-398-6535
Chinese Consulate Dubai
Consulate services for passport handling in the Chinese Embassy in Dubai allow applicants to fill an online form for booking an appointment. You would also be required to personally visit the Chinese Embassy in Dubai for submitting the credentials and fingerprint data upon confirmation of appointment.
- Location: Villa No. 14, Street 7a, Umm Al Sheif Road, Safa 2 Area, Dubai
- Fee Structure: AED 90 for issuing a passport
- Timing: Sun to Thu, 09:30 am – 02:30 pm
- Contact: +971-4-394-4733
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Indian embassy in Dubai?
The Indian Embassy is located in Diplomatic Enclave in Umm Hurair 1.
Where is the US embassy in Dubai?
The American Consulate is also located in Umm Hurair 1.
What are the foreign embassies in other emirates?
The mentioned destinations in Dubai are part of the embassies in the UAE. These include those of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain in Abu Dhabi, among others.
Why would expats need to visit their respective embassies in Dubai?
Requirements like passport applications and renewals require expats to visit their pertinent foreign embassies in the emirate. For example, foreign expats from the UK may need to do so for British passport renewal in Dubai. Additionally, an embassy visit may also be warranted for expats marriages in Dubai.
That concludes the list of some of the key foreign embassies in Dubai. We hope that our guide has helped you with important information about your concerned embassy in the emirate. Check out our guide on passport and visa services in Dubai for more information.
Dubai is a fantastic city for expatriates to move to due to a plethora of conveniences. You can look for housing in the best areas with flats for rent in Dubai for a head start. To know more about the emirate’s expat population, learn about you can also read about multicultural Dubai.
Disclaimer: Official proceedings of embassies for visa and passport rules are subject to change. Get in touch with the officials for updated information on visa procedures, passport fees, and attestation services in embassies.