Want to buy Arabic sweets in Dubai? There are many places that offer you a chance to satisfy your sweet tooth and indulge in traditional Emirati delicacies. Discover some of the places from where you can buy these Middle Eastern sweets in Dubai.
Places to buy Arabic sweets in Dubai
When it comes to the UAE’s traditional sweets, there is a varied selection of Emirati desserts that you can try out. The most famous ones include baklava – a filo-pastry dessert stuffed with nuts and honey, ma’amoul – a walnut and date pastry, basbousa – a semolina cake, kunafa – a soft-cheese based-pastry, sutlac – a baked rice pudding, Umm Ali – a Middle Eastern take on the bread pudding and Mafroukeh – a pistachio semolina concoction. You can find each of these desserts in the places mentioned below.
Shops and Bakeries offering Arabic sweets in Dubai
Here is a list of some of the shops and bakeries where you can buy Arabic sweets in Dubai:
Best Mix For Sweets
Best Mix is an old shop offering the finest Emirati sweets in Dubai. Selected to suit your sophisticated palate, their sweets are enriched with traditional flavours. Treat yourself to a large variety of Arabic sweets including baklava, ma’amoul and nabulsia from Best Mix Dubai.
A single pack of ma’amoul comes stuffed with pistachios, baklava layered with almonds and walnuts and nabulsia topped with pistachios. A pack of these sweets cost an average of AED 150 each. You can buy each of these desserts from their outlets located in various places, including Al Barsha Mall, Etihad Mall, Dubai Festival City and Al Mulla Plaza or online from their website.
- Mezzanine, Dubai Festival City Mall
- Al Barsha Mall
- Dubai Festival City: 09:30 am – 10:30 am
- Al Barsha Mall: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Dubai Festival City: +971-4-333-7766
- Al Barsha Mall: +971-4-554-6201
Whether it’s baklava, a rich, sweet pastry topped with nuts, ma’amoul, a date-filled pastry or basbousa, a sugary, semolina cake – you can find all that and more at the haven of Arabic desserts in Dubai – Firas Sweets. They have multiple branches across Dubai, among which Al Hudaiba and Al Nahda are the most popular ones. You can visit their shops or buy their oriental delicacies online as well.
At Firas, the baklava mix costs AED 99, the ma’amoul is priced at AED 66, the ballorieh costs AED 33 and the asabi will set you back by AED 114 per packet.
- Al Hudaiba Building, 2nd of December Street, Al Hudaiba
- 120 Al Nahda St
- Al Hudaiba: 09:00 am – 01:00 am
- Al Nahda: 09:00 am – 02:00 am
- Al Hudaiba: +971-4-358-0489
- Al Nahda: +971-4-263-8489
Al Samadi Sweets
Our next pick is Al Samadi Sweets. Al Samadi Sweets is an old name when it comes to the best Emirati sweets in Dubai. Get a box full of decadent goodies – kunafa, kahk, baklava and more – from Al Samadi Sweets in Dubai.
- Location: Opposite Coral Deira Hotel, Muraqqabat Street, Al Muraqqabat
- Timings: 08:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Contact: +971-4-269-7717
Al Baba Sweets
Venture into a world of delicious desserts at Al Baba Sweets. You will find a variety of Arabic sweets at this popular bakery- including a single kg of cheese kunafa, baklawa, karabeej and ma’amoul at a price ranging between AED 65 and AED 110. If you are looking for something in smaller quantities, six pieces of Znoud El Sit, five of shoabiyyat and twelve of mafroukeh can be bought for prices ranging from AED 8 to AED 12. You can also buy an ‘Arabic plate’, consisting of madd, sfouf, nammoura and basbousa at AED 65.
- Ground Floor, Auris Boutique Hotel Apartments Building, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
- Beside Shape Zoom Health Centre, Al Wasl Road, Al Safa 2, Al Safa
- Al Barsha: 08:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Al Safa: 08:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Al Barsha: +971-4-399-0624
- Al Safa: +971-4-394-4260
Al Reef Lebanese Bakery
Al Reef is a top-notch Lebanese bakery where you can buy Arabic sweets in Dubai. Frequented by people from different parts of the emirate, Al Reef Lebanese Bakery offers you both quality and affordability.
You can buy their famous baklava mix for AED 80, and the kunafa, nabelseya and lebnaneya at AED 55 each. It is located at Jumeirah 3 and Al Karama.
- Shop 3, Ground Floor, Karama Building 2, Opposite Emirates NBD Bank, Al Karama
- Al Wasl Rd, Jumeirah
- Timings: 24 hours (for both locations)
- Al Karama: +971-4-396-8999
- Al Wasl: +971-4-394-5200
Reem Al Bawadi
With Reem Al Bawadi, you can pamper yourself to a box of Arabic sweets. Buy mixed sweets, consisting of kunafa, aish saraya, baklava and halawet el jeben from here for prices starting at AED 32. In addition to this, check out their baklava pistachio and rice pudding made from Arabic gum. A plate of baklava costs AED 26 while the pudding is priced at AED 16. Reem Al Bawadi is located in multiple locations including Motor City, Downtown Dubai, Dubai Marina and Al Safa.
- First Floor, First Avenue Mall, Near Dubai Autodrome, Motor City
- Stand Point B Tower, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd, Downtown Dubai
- Near Spinney’s, Marina Walk, Dubai Marina
- Motor City: 11:00 am – 02:00 am
- Downtown Dubai: 08:00 am – 01:30 am
- Dubai Marina: 08:00 am – 01:00 am
- Motor City: +971-4-526-0805
- Downtown Dubai: 800-697-336
- Dubai Marina: +971-4-452-2525
Wafi Gourmet has a wide selection of decadent Arabic desserts which you can share with your loved ones. Known for its fine quality, it offers you a varied selection of options including kunafa, ousmaliyeh, mafroukeh, nabulsiah, ma’amoul and znoud el set.
It also offers catering services, ensuring you get decadent desserts and pastries to a party or an important business meeting.
- Lower Ground Level, The Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai
- Wafi Mall, Oud Metha Rd
- Downtown Dubai: 10:00 am – 01:00 am
- Wafi Mall: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
- Downtown Dubai: +971-4-330-8297
- Wafi Mall: +971-4-324-4433
Restaurants offering Arabic sweets in Dubai
Along with bakeries and shops, there are some eateries as well that offer delicious, premium quality Arabic delights in Dubai.
Bosporus is a favourite spot of connoisseurs of Arabian desserts. It brings the delicious culinary treasures in the form of sarma baklava, kunafa cheesecake, kunafa with ice cream and baklava cheesecake.
It also has a signature delight – Special Bosporus Buffalo Baklava and Special Bosporus Kunefe (made with pistachio and cheese) on offer. This popular Arabic bakery has branches in Umm Hurair, Downtown Dubai and Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR).
- Level 1, Wafi Mall, Wafi City, Umm Hurair 2, Umm Hurair
- Near Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)
- Umm Hurair: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- JBR: 08:00 am – 12:00 am
- Umm Hurair: +971-4-526-9296
- JBR: +971-4-526-9141
Al Hallab Restaurant & Sweets
What started out as a family business in Tripoli and Lebanon, soon turned into a business with various branches operating across the Middle East. Operating since 2002 in Dubai, it has been offering Arabic sweets to the people across the city in three different locations: Garhoud, Downtown Dubai and Al Barsha. You can buy popular Arabic sweets including karabij (mamoul stuffed with pistachios), baklawa, mafroukeh and ward al sham from there.
- Opposite Dubai Creek Golf Club, Sheikh Rashid Road, Garhoud
- Level 2, The Dubai Mall, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd Road, Downtown Dubai
- Garhoud: 08:00 am – 01:00 am
- Downtown Dubai: 11:00 am – 01:00 am
- Garhoud: +971-4-282-3388
- Downtown Dubai: +971-4-330-8828
Sukkar is known for its interesting take on traditional Arabian delights. It offers food and dessert options to suit your taste and preference. You can choose from kunafa-rose cheesecake, coconut Barbosa and pistachio cheesecake at Sukkar. It will cost you AED 32 per slice. You can buy sweets from either of its two branches: Al Wasl or City Centre Mirdif.
- Level 1, City Centre Mirdif
- BOXPARK, Al Wasl Road, Al Safa
- City Centre Mirdif: 09:00 am – 12:00 am
- Al Safa: 10:30 am – 09:30 pm
- Contact: Al Safa: 800-785-527
Other than these restaurants, you can buy sweets from SIKKA Cafe, Barsboussa and ILA Restaurant. Similar to other kunafa places in Dubai, Basboussa offers this semolina pastry across the city. While ILA is a good spot for buying the decadent Arabian dessert Umm Ali and SIKKA Cafe provides a wide selection of popular Arabic sweet treats.
Besides sweets, there are more Emirati delicacies as well that you can try. Check out Emirati restaurants in Dubai and see what they have to offer you.
Are you an ardent lover of Emirati cuisine? Then you should definitely pay a visit to the top Arabic restaurants in Dubai and enjoy those Middle-Eastern flavours you are so fond of!