Opportunities for higher education in the UAE have skyrocketed with a number of international universities opening up regional campuses. They provide a multi-ethnic learning environment and international content to equip students with problem-solving skills that help in a professional career. Dubai is home to a number of international institutes such as British, American and Australian universities. Today, MyBayut compiles a list of British universities in Dubai that offer a number of career building opportunities to students. So read on as we unveil respected British universities in Dubai known for their academic excellence.
List of the British Universities in Dubai
Apart from quality education, international degrees and extensive campus facilities, there are plenty of career defining reasons to study in the UAE. There are some top universities offering multidisciplinary programs such as business management and engineering, with a focus beyond theoretical knowledge. These British universities in Dubai are sought after for their academic excellence and international reputation.
THE BRITISH UNIVERSITY IN DUBAI
Offering a range of undergraduate degree programs, The British University of Dubai is one of the reputable institutions in the emirate. It also offers undergraduate programs in business management with Accounting and Finance specialties. This university also offers an e-learning facility.
Apart from the acclaimed business management courses on offer, it is also one of the best engineering universities in Dubai to offer programs in industrial and electromechanical engineering.
The university campus features a digital library and an engineering lab, architecture lab and a physics lab to enhance the learning experience.
The campus also features indoor and outdoor sports as well as a recreation room to engage students in their off-duty time. The British University of Dubai also organises competitions and events to promote the competitive spirit among students.
- Undergraduate Programs: Bachelors in Business Management, Accounting, Industrial Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence.
- Doctoral and Postgraduate Programs: MBA, Masters in Finance
- Fees: AED 225k – AED 250k for undergrad programs and AED 165k for an entire doctoral program
- Location: DIAC
- Contact: +971-4-279-1473
One of the best universities in Dubai Academic City to offer an array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs is Heriot-Watt University. Students of Heriot-Watt University can avail the ultramodern campus facilities including indoor games and social gatherings.
It is the only British engineering university in Dubai to offer a number of specialties in an engineering discipline. This university has over 77,000 alumni working in key positions around the globe which also signifies its reputation.
Heriot-Watt University in Dubai not only educates students but guarantees a flourishing career with its international teaching standards. It is also one of the best international universities in Dubai if you are looking for architecture, computing and other technical courses. Postgraduate students in Dubai can attain respective programs to receive a high-quality British degree in Emirates.
- Undergraduate Programs: Computing and Electronics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Robotics and Interactive Systems, Chemical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Civil Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
- Postgraduate Programs: Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Software Engineering and Civil Engineering
- Fee: Undergraduate AED 63,000 per year, postgraduate AED 81,900 per year
- Location: DIAC
- Contact: +971-4-435-8700
University of Birmingham Dubai
Are you excited to become a part of the top 1% of universities in the world? With its roots dating back to 1900, the University of Birmingham is one of the top British Universities in Dubai. So you can choose to study at the Dubai campus of the University of Birmingham with internationally acclaimed courses. The unique feature of this British University in the UAE is that it is renowned for changing the lives of students.
With its foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programs, students will be challenged to realise their true potential. At the University of Birmingham in Dubai, there are a range of facilities offered to students. For instance, study spaces have Wi-Fi on campus and there is a kitchenette in campus. There are also separate prayer rooms for male and females students to fulfil their spiritual needs.
Apart from the university hostel, expat students can opt for affordable rental apartments in Dubai Silicon Oasis. Students living in this area can also balance their lifestyle with plenty of gyms and fitness studios.
- Undergraduate Programs: Business Management, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Mechanical Engineering and Psychology
- Postgraduate Programs: Computer Science, International Business, International Commercial Law, Teacher Training and Inclusion & Special Education Needs
- Fees: AED 94,080 per year for undergrad Business Management program. It varies for course
- Location: Block 2, Dubai International Academic City
- Contact: +971-4-249-2300
London Business School Dubai
Staying true to its name, the London Business School in Dubai offers postgraduate programs in the Business Management discipline. It offers expats and local Emiratis the opportunity to attain a British postgraduate degree while studying in the metropolitan campus. The business program specialties include business leadership, finance and business strategy.
London Business School Dubai employs an experienced faculty and adopts immersive learning techniques to equip students with essential business skills. Besides, the Executive MBA program also ensures developing multi-skilled business leaders with a high-quality education. So whether you are in London or Dubai, you can get access to the executive program without interrupting your career.
- Postgraduate Programs: Business Management, Global Management, Finance, Human Resource, Marketing and Financial Analytics
- Fees: $124,900 for 20 months postgrad program
- Location: Gate Village 02, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-401-9301
Manchester Business School Dubai
Another reputable business university is the Manchester Business School Dubai. Positioned in Knowledge Village in Dubai, this university offers postgraduate business degrees from Britain. If you are on the lookout for the best universities in Dubai for MBA, Manchester Business School in Dubai is your best bet. The degree program also includes student activities and intensive workshops to equip students with practical knowledge and skills. The university campus features an array of facilities that include a library, study rooms and other classroom facilities.
- Postgraduate Programs: Global Part-time MBA and Part-time MSc Reliability Engineering and Asset Management
- Fees: GBP 34,564 for a 2-year postgrad program
- Location: Block 2B, Office F16, Al Bourooj St, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-446-8664
Middlesex University Dubai
One of the acclaimed British universities in Dubai for international students is the Middlesex University Dubai. It is an ideal place for students looking for accommodation and a British degree in business or science programs. Middlesex University Dubai allows students to learn with innovative methods including practice-based learning. It is supported by personal tutors who have experience in the respective field.
The Dubai Campus of Middlesex University also promotes a sense of community and well being with facilities for socialising and exercising. There is an array of indoor and outdoor sports including athletics, martial arts, basketball, table tennis, badminton, football and more.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs: Business Management, Science & Technology, Law, Health & Education and Arts & Design
- Fees: AED 53,800 – AED 107,600 for 3 years (120 credit hours) depending upon the subject
- Location: Knowledge Park, Block 16, Dubai
- Contact: +971-4-367-8100
Another trusted option for a business degree from a British university in Dubai is Strathclyde Dubai. Students who are looking for a part time MBA program in Dubai can also enrol in Strathclyde that is identical to the UK full-time MBA. Teaching materials, program content and assessment are also identical to the academics in the Glasgow campus of Strathclyde. Business graduates can choose from a selection of elective courses in Dubai with international learning and networking experience.
The educational practices offered in Strathclyde are highly experiential and based on the concept of a collaborative learning environment. So students will not only develop knowledge but an understanding of the experiences and practical skills in the field. It also challenges students to become adaptive learners with open-thinking learning through the interplay of practice and theory. There is also a focus on self-development and career development so graduates can readily attain career opportunities.
- Programs: MBA and MSc Marketing
- Fees: GBP 13,550 – GBP 20,600 for full-time undergrad programs
- Location: Al Nahda 2, Dubai
- Contact: +971-2-206-4054
That rounds up our list of the best British universities in Dubai. We hope this article helps you in your search for the ideal institute for higher studies. If you are looking for more options, there are some top universities in Abu Dhabi to offer a variety of disciplines. Alternatively, you can also explore Australian universities in Dubai for international academic excellence with a state-of-the-art campus facilities. Expat students looking for affordable accommodation can also discover the areas for students to live in Dubai.