- Who Needs a Visa to Travel to Japan?
- Documents Required
- Japan Visa Fees in Dubai
- Where to Submit Documents?
- The Time Required for the Visa Process
- Consulate General of Japan Location
- Things to Remember
Are you planning to travel to Japan for a vacation? If you are keen to explore this fascinating Asian country that beautifully juxtaposes modern technology and traditional customs, you will be happy to know that it is not difficult to get a tourist visa for Japan from Dubai. All you need to do is to apply for a short-term tourist visa to Japan from Dubai and wait for the approval. If you are curious about the application process, take a look at our handy guide for details on how to get a visit visa to Japan from Dubai. Read on and plan a hassle-free trip to the Land of the Rising Sun.
Do You Require a Visa to Travel to Japan?
Japan’s Foreign Policy exempts passport holder from 68 countries and regions from requiring a visa to enter Japan. Based on this, UAE residents with the following passports will not need to apply for a visa to travel to Japan. Travellers can visit family, attend business meetings or conferences and explore the country without a tourist visa if you have an exempted passport. UAE national applicants must have a valid registered e-Passport in compliance with ICAO to the diplomatic mission of Japan.
However, if visitors want to get employed or conduct commercial activities in Japan they will need to apply for the appropriate visa. The Japan embassy may also have other specifications for short-term visit permissions without a visa for the nationals of some other countries listed below. So it is better to contact them or visit their official website and inquire before finalising the trip.
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Middle East
- United Arab Emirates
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Oceania
- New Zealand
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Asia
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
List of Visa Exempted Countries in North America
- United States
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Europe
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Africa
List of Visa Exempted Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
Documents Required to Apply for a Japan Tourist Visa from Dubai
Applicants must submit the following documents to get a Japanese visit visa from Dubai. You are not required to book an appointment, you can simply visit the consulate and submit the required documents.
- Valid Emirates ID
- Visa Application Form (filled)
- Original Passport with more than 2 blank pages
- Copy of Passport with UAE residence visa
- 2 Recent Clear Photographs (with white background)
- Bank Statement (last three months)
- Flight Ticket Confirmation Copy
- Hotel Booking Confirmation Copy
- Travel Itinerary / Schedule of Stay
- Proof of Current Address (Utility Bills)
- Original Employment Certificate
- Original NOC letter from Employer
Note: These are the Japan visa requirements from Dubai for tourists. Applicants looking for a short-term business visa or a visit visa to see relatives or friends will need to submit additional documents to support their reason to visit, including documents from the host/sponsor/guarantor in Japan.
How much is the Japan Visit Visa Fee in Dubai?
Generally, the Japan visa cost from Dubai for a single entry visa is 3,000 yen or AED 102 whereas the fees for multiple entry visa is 6,000 yen or AED 204. The price may differ for different nationalities in some cases.
Where to Submit the Visa Application to Japan from Dubai?
Residents of Dubai, Ajman, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and Umm Al Quwain can submit their visa applications along with the required documents at the Consulate General of Japan. On the other hand, people living in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain can consult the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi and submit their applications there.
How much time does it take for Japan visa processing in Dubai?
It takes a minimum of 4 to 5 working days and a maximum of 7 to 10 working days, in general, to get the visa after you submit all the documents to the Japanese Consulate General in Dubai or Japanese Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Please note that this is the expected turn around time provided there are no issues with the content of the submitted documents. In case of complications, the visa process can take more than a month. This is why travellers are recommended to apply well before the planned travel date.
Consulate General of Japan Location and other Information
- Consulate General of Japan Location: 28th Floor, Dubai World Trade Centre, P.O. Box 9336, Dubai.
- Consulate General of Japan Contact: +971-4-293-8888 | +971-35-501-8431
- Consulate General of Japan Working Hours: 09:00 am to 12:30 pm – 01:30 to 05:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
Some Important Points for Applicants to Note
Applicants should keep the following points in mind while submitting the Japan visit visa requirements from Dubai.
- Applicants are required to visit the consulate/embassy themselves to submit the visa application unless they have requested a proxy before applying or have consulted an accredited travel agent.
- The consulate may ask for additional documents from applicants including the birth certificate, previous passport etc.
- The documents submitted with the visa application to Japan from Dubai will not be returned, except for the original passport.
- Applicants should make sure that all the documents are valid at the time of submission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are a few FAQs that may help those submitting Japan visa application from Dubai.
Why do some visa applications for Japan get rejected?
There can be several reasons for which your visa application for Japan can get rejected. Here are a few of the cases that lead to visa application rejection:
- The application is submitted to a Japanese consulate or embassy outside the applicant’s residential country or country of origin
- The attached documents are invalid
- The application form is incomplete or not filled appropriately
- The documents submitted for the visa process are not complete
- The applicant has a pending request for the issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility
- An applicant with a recently rejected visa is applying again with the same reason within six months
- Applicants who already have a visit permit or a valid visa are applying again
- The visa is already in process at some other Japan embassy/ consulate
- Applicants applying for a visit hold a Japanese nationality.
Is it fine if I pay the Japanese visa fees with a cheque or a credit card?
It is not allowed to pay the visa fee via cheque or credit card. Applicants must pay the visa fee in local currency as cash. Also, one doesn’t need to pay a visa issuance fee if the visa is not issued.
What if an applicant wants to postpone the trip to Japan? How long will their visa stay valid?
The single entry visa is valid for three months after the issuance. If you are planning to postpone the visa for more than three months, you will need to apply again after three months.
Why do some applicants need to submit additional documents?
Every application is different, so the general list of documents deemed as necessary is sometimes not enough. The embassy or the consulate cannot know before the submission of the application if they will require additional documents.
What to do if someone loses a passport with visa?
The person should contact the Japanese Embassy or the Consulate General and inform them. They should also inform the local police. However, one will have to make a new application to get the visa again.
Being one of the oldest civilizations and one of the most technologically advanced countries, Japan is an amazing destination for tourists. Visitors can explore the rich culture, enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine and observe interesting traditions.
If you are struck by wanderlust and would love to explore other destinations, you can also consult with one of the well-known travel agents in Dubai to plan a perfect holiday.