Those of us living in the UAE are familiar with the real estate jargon associated with renting in the country, including Ejari, Tawtheeq, RERA and more. This week at Bayut we are taking you through the Tasdeeq system in Ajman, the most popular northern emirate to live and work in the UAE. ‘Tasdeeq’ literally translates to ratification or attestation, which is also what the service entails in Ajman. Similar to the Ejari in Dubai and Tawtheeq in Abu Dhabi, Tasdeeq is used to regulate and formalise rental contracts in the emirate of Ajman.
What is Tasdeeq
Tasdeeq is a collection of services related to the regulation of rental contracts in Ajman for both residential and commercial properties. Tenancy agreements are ratified through this system so as to avoid any disputes between landlords and tenants and to formalise the process of renting villas and apartments in Ajman. There are several services offered as a part of Tasdeeq, including:
- Authentication of lease contracts for residential properties
- Authentication of lease contracts for economic activities
- Authentication of residential contracts for workers/staff
- Authentication of lease contracts for investment purposes
- Issuing certificates of the lease contract registration
- Cancellation of lease contracts
The initiative was launched by His Highness Sheikh Rashid Al Nuaimi, Chairman of Municipality and Planning Department, Ajman. With the increasing popularity of property investments in Ajman and a host of expats choosing the quiet emirate as their home, the Ajman municipality has taken impressive measures to regulate the real estate market in the emirate.
Documents required for authenticating tenancy contracts with Tasdeeq
Much like the Ejari and Tawtheeq, most of the services which fall under the Tasdeeq system can be completed online. The most commonly used aspect of the Tasdeeq is the attestation of lease contracts for residential and commercial properties in Ajman. There are often Tasdeeq forms that one needs to complete for certain service requests. These are the documents required for formalising tenancy contracts in Ajman for residential and commercial properties.
- Request from the Lease Contracts Division
- Three copies of the tenancy contract
- Emirates ID of landlord and tenant
- Copy of the landlord’s title deed
- Ownership of apartments in towers/ No Objection Letter from the General Organization for Real Estate Investment
- Copy of the commercial license for companies and institutions
The fees for Tasdeeq services vary depending on the type of request. For the attestation of tenancy contracts in Ajman, the fee is 2% of the lease value. The minimum fee is AED 400 for the attestation. To register the lease contract, the fee is AED 120. Both these documents can be procured within a weeks time. Most of the services can be completed online by opening a Tasdeeq account. In the event that you prefer to complete the process offline, you can visit Ajman municipality and complete the same. The offices are open from 7:30 am to 02:00 pm.
Those cancelling their tenancy contracts in Ajman will also need to update the information with Tasdeeq. These are the documents required to facilitate cancellation:
- Letter from both parties indicating the cancellation of the contract
- Request from the Lease Contracts Division
- Two copies of lease contract intended for cancellation
- Copy of identity documents + Emirates identity card for the concerned persons
- Clearance certificate from Ajman Sewerage Company
- Clearance certificate from the Electricity & Water Authority
Ajman as an emirate has taken giant strides in terms of opening up the real estate market for investments. The rental yields are high in the emirate, contributing to an increasing number of people looking at buying properties in Ajman. It’s become popular among those working in Dubai looking for affordable rentals, and with the government opening up investment opportunities and enhancing the infrastructure, Ajman has shown tremendous growth in the last few years. Those living in Ajman find it’s quiet family-friendly ambience ideal.
The aim of the Tasdeeq system is to simplify the rental procedures, using technology to improve their experience in the Ajman real estate market with smart, easy, flexible and secure services to certify their rental contracts.
This system is also in line with the policy of turning Ajman into a well-rounded investment haven in the UAE. If you have any questions about Tasdeeq or the associated services, don’t hesitate to write to us. Stay tuned to the best property blog in the UAE for more news and information on real estate from across the country!