- Dai Pai Dong
- Li Jiang
- Cho Gao
- Dragon Bao Bao
- P.F Chang’s
- Shang Palace
- Noodle Bowl
- Beijing Restaurant
- Ming’s Chamber
Dim sums are popular, exotic bite-sized Cantonese snacks, which are steamed and served in special bamboo containers. They originated from Southern China and Hong Kong and are traditionally made in plenty of variations. You can try some of these delicious dim sums in Abu Dhabi at different Cantonese restaurants – we’ve listed down the best ones to guarantee you a truly indulgent dining experience.
DAI PAI DONG
Dai Pai Dong Abu Dhabi offers an authentic Cantonese-inspired menu with a contemporary twist. The perfect way to enjoy a tempting dim sum meal here is to avail of the Yum Cha special menu every Saturday. The menu includes different types of dim sum, paired with delicious desserts.
- Location: Rosewood Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Global Market Square, Al Maryah Island
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm | Thursday and Friday 12:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 320
- Contact: +971-2-813-5552
Hakkasan is one of the most sought-after restaurants at Emirates Palace Hotel and it serves a tempting range of dim sum in Abu Dhabi. The dim sum or the dumplings here have all the textures and flavours of the traditional Chinese fare.
Counted among the best fine dining restaurants in Abu Dhabi, Hakkasan’s extensive menu also includes regular crowd favourites such as Peking Duck with caviar, roast chicken and other popular delicacies from mainland China.
- Location: Emirates Palace, Corniche Road, Al Ras Al Akhdar, Abu Dhabi
- Opening hours: 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm |Friday 12:00 pm – 03:30 pm, 06:00 pm – 11:30 pm | Closed on Sunday and Tuesday
- Average cost for two: AED 575
- Contact: +971-2-690-7739
Li Jiang is a fine dining Asian restaurant at Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi where patrons can enjoy street food and other dishes from Malaysian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese cuisines. It is one of the most scenic restaurants in the capital with gorgeous views of the Arabian Gulf. Bite into a soft and savoury dumpling of your choice from the wide-ranging options available here.
Try their Beijing style seafood dumplings, crystal prawn dumplings, chicken Siew Mai, scallops and spinach dumplings or the vegetable jade dumplings. Other options include the pan-fried duck gyoza.
- Location: The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, Khor Al Maqta’a, Al Maqtaa
- Opening hours: 05:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 385
- Contact: +971-2-818-8282
Cho Gao is another Pan-Asian restaurant where foodies can indulge in delicious meals from the most popular Asian cuisines. Be a part of a truly fantastic dining experience and try the steamed, boiled or fried dumplings at Cho Gao available in seafood, chicken and vegetable variations.
- Location: Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street, Al Markaziya
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 355
- Contact: +971-2-616-6149
DRAGON BAO BAO CAFETERIA
Up next on our list of places with the best dim sum in Abu Dhabi is Dragon Bao Bao located at the bustling Al Markaziya district. Foodies on the lookout for juicy and velvety soft baos will love the items on Dragon Bao Bao’s menu. Other options include fried dumplings available with beef and celery, shitake mushrooms, chicken and shrimp variations.
As it is one of the affordable dim sum in Abu Dhabi, you can enjoy these delicious treats without worrying about a hefty bill at the end.
- Location: Ground Floor, National Cinema, Hamdan Street, Al Markaziya
- Opening hours: 09:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 90
- Contact: +971-2-674-2235
One of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Abu Dhabi, P.F Chang’s is known for its delicious Chinese fare. Besides the other mouth-watering dishes, the dumplings here are some of the best in the capital city.
Cecilia’s Dumplings is a delicious amalgamation of chicken or prawn pan-fried or steamed dumplings drizzled with light chilli sauce on top. Pair it with the original dynamite prawns and sushi for a fulfilling meal.
- Location: Level 1, Opposite DKNY, Abu Dhabi Mall, Tourist Club Area (Al Zahiyah)
- Opening hours: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm | Thursday and Friday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Average cost for two: AED 290
- Contact: +971-2-612-0838
Located in Al Maqtaa , Shang Palace Abu Dhabi offers some of the best Chinese dishes in the city. The restaurant is a great spot to hang out with friends and share a piping hot meal. The menu features pan-fried roasted duck potstickers and Xiao long bao also known as steamed chicken soup bao. This is where you can enjoy a delicious combination of textures and flavours wrapped in a velvety soft dough.
- Location: Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Khor Al Maqta, Al Maqtaa
- Opening hours: 06:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 450
- Contact: +971-2-509-8555
The Noodle Bowl is an affordable restaurant for dumplings in Abu Dhabi. The cosy eatery offers a delicious range of steamed and fried bao and dumplings. Some of the most popular dim sum from the Noodle Bowl are dumplings with chicken, beef, prawns or vegetables and Shanghai Xiao long bao, wonton with spicy soya sauce. If you’re looking for more variety on a single plate, try the mixed steam baos.
- Location: Zayed Sports City Bowling Centre, Al Madina Al Riyadiya
- Opening hours: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 150
- Contact: +971-2-447-2405
Located in Madinat Zayed, Beijing Restaurant is a great spot to enjoy dim sum in Abu Dhabi. The Beijing Restaurant menu offers steamed crystal triangle sio pao, fried sio pao with chicken filling, BBQ chicken sio pao and steamed chicken, beef or prawn dumplings.
Another delicious dim sum to try here are the Hong Kong-style shrimp dumplings. Pair your dumplings with fresh salads and soups for a complete Cantonese dining experience.
- Location: Next to Shoe Mart, Near Gold Centre, Madinat Zayed
- Opening hours: 08:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 170
- Contact: +971-2-621-0708
Known around the capital for their delectable dim sum, Ming’s Chamber menu has an extensive range of dumplings. Sichuan mantou, prawn and chicken Poyang, yaki gyoza, Sichuan wonton, and gyoza gau ji are some of the best variants. This is where you can get Japanese gyoza, bao and dim sum, all under one roof.
- Location: Level 2, Al Wahda Mall Extension, Al Wahda Mall, Al Wahda
- Opening hours: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Average cost for two: AED 211
- Contact: +971-2-582-4449
This concludes our list of the best places to get dim sum in Abu Dhabi. Our list of the top ten restaurants includes top eateries offering delectable dim sum in different flavours. These eateries offer a good range of options in varying budgets.
Try the best places to get dim sum in Dubai if you’re visiting the emirate. Abu Dhabi has plenty of dining options as well. Here is a list of the best Chinese restaurants in Abu Dhabi to enjoy more from this popular cuisine. For an intimate dining experience, visit these romantic restaurants in Abu Dhabi and enjoy a special meal with your better half.
Stay tuned to MyBayut for more updates on amazing restaurants and cafes in Abu Dhabi.